OCR00982 - Sonic Adventure "The Twinkle Park Classic"

• 3 weeks later...
I think it was a good decision on Sonic Team's part, as the Genesis soundtrack for S3DB was quite underrated. While I liked the Saturn soundtrack, I always felt that the Genesis one had better, stronger, and catchier melodies, particularly Rusty Ruins Zone and Diamond Dust Zone.

I posted something on the same topic in this thread before OCRemix redesigned, but it seems to have disappeared... Anyway, I too much preferred the soundtrack from the 16-bit version of Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies Island to that of the Saturn version; it was indeed catchier and, overall, more Sonic-like, for lack of a better description on my part. Good work.

Wow. Some people say this tune's original sounds were weak?

JUST WOW...

IMO, this tune was already perfect to begin with, and had lots of smoothly flowing notes. And the melody was one of the most memorable to me. Easily one of the best Sonic or a videogame melody to me.

But then again, this remix pushes the bar and extends on the original!

It doesn't quite re-think it, but just adds a bit and extends it a bit. In essence, simply remixing it.

And that's a great enough job for a great Sonic Adventure game tune!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Since DarkeSwrord has managed to produce many nice remixes over time, I thought it would be interesting to listen to this one as well. Bubble-gum trance would be a fitting name for this, this isn't something that you would get serious too on the dance floor, but it's quite enjoyful to listen to.

However, it was at 1:57 that my opinion changed in a very drastic manner. When that melody started......I just became .......engulfed if I might say in that cute and cuddly bell synth that played one of the most hypnotizing melodies I've heard in a while.

Sadly, that moment was over quickly and the remix continued with its previous concept, but the melody appeared for a short while in the end too. But to sum it all up, this remix really really good. The trance layout isn't bad, everything works smoothly, so I'm content.

Nice job.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice synths starting out- i love that analog gliding sound. :-D

Trancey synths are ok but not awesome, but the little bell chime is beautiful and fits perfectly. Beats are a bit generic but keep the track sufficiently propelled without being too heavy, and there is a decent amount of progression. Everything is nice and cheerful and speedy, like a good Sonic track should be. Nice work, Darkesword. :-D

• 2 years later...

This was the very first DarkeSword track I heard, and I think it might have been among the first 5 OC ReMix's I had ever heard. I actually remember the exact moment; I was abusing my high school's T1 connection back in 2003, as I didn't have broadband at the time, trying to download as much stuff as I could. I noticed this track when I was looking through a list of Sonic mixes and my eyes lit up, because I have loved the source ever since hearing it in 3D Blast.

This track still holds up to the test of time imo. It's got a well-rounded sound to it. Very upbeat; I'm glad that aspect of the source was kept intact, though I can't really imagine a take on Twinkle Park without that. I still dance a bit every time it comes up when I shuffle my OCR folder. Excellent stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00982 - Sonic Adventure "The Twinkle Park Classic"
  • 1 year later...