Extremely Epic/Orchestra Track "Miles Away"

PhiJayy

• 5 months later...

Well like I said I couldn't wait to finish...so I finally did.

This version sounds a whole lot better, thanks to great criticism from various persons.

Sorta of emotional, don't cry. :)

http://www.phijayy.com/miles%20away.mp3

Edit: Still working on album. Soon to be finish.

This is some pretty hot stuff. I like the orchestral samples mixed with more electronic beatwork. The orchestral stuff, expecially the percussion, sounds really well done. I can't really find much wrong with this. Maybe some of the percussion sounds a little out of place against the orchestral stuff. Like it's a little too much on the high end or something. But it still sounds really good to me. I'm looking foward to your album.

• 3 weeks later...
This is some pretty hot stuff. I like the orchestral samples mixed with more electronic beatwork. The orchestral stuff, expecially the percussion, sounds really well done. I can't really find much wrong with this. Maybe some of the percussion sounds a little out of place against the orchestral stuff. Like it's a little too much on the high end or something. But it still sounds really good to me. I'm looking foward to your album.

Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it!

It took us about 3 months to finish this, I really don't know what inspired us to make it.

Just sort of popped out, I guess. Album is definitely soon to be finish.

• 1 month later...
Well, if you want an orchestra to play your music, it costs around 400-1000$ per minute of score. It'll increase the value of the score, for sure, but... well if you've got that kind of money to toss around, let me in on it :)

Just thought I'd throw that out for you :<

damnit, maybe one day I could hire a band, not today, that's way too much money. I expected that kind of pricing though.

Well, if you want an orchestra to play your music, it costs around 400-1000$ per minute of score. It'll increase the value of the score, for sure, but... well if you've got that kind of money to toss around, let me in on it :)

Just thought I'd throw that out for you :<

Where the hell did you get those numbers? If you're guessing, you're WAY off. Its more around $40,000 - $80,000 a DAY. According to your numbers it is $60,000 an hour, and that's not even close.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's no where near that bad.

According to your numbers it is $60,000 an hour, and that's not even close.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's no where near that bad.

Now I'm confused, didn't he say, "it costs around 400-1000$ per minute of score, since this track is about 5 mins in length.

Than shouldn't the price range be around $2000 - 5000? I could save up for that, but if it's $60,000 an hour. Than I don't know, no promises.

Where the hell did you get those numbers? If you're guessing, you're WAY off.
I got it from a faculty member from my old university. That was the price of his Piano Concerto.

By the way, that isn't per minute... that's per minute OF MUSIC. Thus, if your piece is 5 minutes long it'll run about 2000-5000$, even if it takes an hour to get it recorded (His was 45 minutes... that's a lot of money, right there).

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Edit: Ya, you've got it right :)

• 2 weeks later...

Prices vary. If you're staying inside the United States, and using L.A. orchestras or Seattle, etc....you're looking into extremely pricey sessions. That 50-100K+ price tag is definitely in the right ballpark. However, overseas orchestras like Bratislava can get you a 50 piece orchestra for around $1500 an hour. Many games and movies have been recorded there, and apparently many composers prefer it to Prague. Granted, I cannot say the extra costs for engineers and other overhead. $1500 for an hour should probably be planned over 2K an hour. If you want 80-90 piece, then it just keeps going up.

It ain't cheap, no matter how you slice it.

Yep, bottomline it isn't cheap which is why for now I'll stick with what I'm doing.

Anyway I'm going to post a link to another orchestrated track soon. This time I'm gonna wait till I'm finish with it.

I was really inspired by Hans Zimmer "The Dark Knight" score so I decided to put my pathetic skills to the test, and somehow it seems to be turning out pretty good.

So I'll post it UP in this thread very soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
this is one orchestrated track I would write a song to. Hands down, I could do it now. the ideas are running through my head. You've got some fire on your hands man... this is so out of this world telescopes squint to catch a glimpse of the greatness.

Oh wow...thanks man. I'm glad you like it!

I already have lyrics to the track already, I'm currently looking for a vocalist, also I really don't have recording equipment. I'll probably have to rent a studio, or something.