VOCR3: Mercury Meltdown [RESULTS]

Hale-Bopp

I think that would be fine.

I guess I draw the line where a person's voice becomes almost completely unrecognizable as sounding 'human'. If anyone has any doubts as to whether they think their track is acceptable, feel free to send me a sample of your work and I'll let you know what I think. I don't want to stifle anyone's creativity by any means, but just try to keep the effects usage within reason.

Hey, glad to see this compo starting back up again. I really like the source material, too. I don't think I'll participate this time around however. I'm getting ready to move and I'm sure the deadline is soon.

I do finally have a mic and sound card in my pc, though.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, so I literally just walked in the door back from vacation and now I'm catching up on stuff online. I'm very happy to see a few entries in my inbox waiting for me. Hope to see even more soon. I'll check out what I have so far once I get settled back in, but just letting you guys know I'm back. Rock on. \m/

Rock on, indeed. I'm wondering how many entries turned up for this VOCR? Please say it's more than the last one. lol.

One thing that I would like to be mandatory in the voting process; reviews/feedback. We easily did that with the last competition since we were just a few entries and each of us gave feedback to one another. But in this compo, I'm feeling that the entry count will be higher.

So yeah, basically, with the top 3 each of the voters pick, I would like some actual written feedback for the entries. Also, it would be really cool if we mimic Dwelling of Duels somehow with the reviews.

I was able to finish mine and sent it out just now.

But damn, I wanted it to be better than it is. It's very frustrating when that transition from your head to a document turns out to be bumpy. It always is! ...I almost feel like apologizing in advance for this.

I hate it when one gets this feeling. After listening to my finished entry a couple of times, I started nitpicking like crazy here and there. Whatever, though. What's done is done. Experimenting is what makes this compo so much fun even if it didn't turn out as picture perfect as you wanted it to be. :)

I hate it when one gets this feeling. After listening to my finished entry a couple of times, I started nitpicking like crazy here and there. Whatever, though. What's done is done. Experimenting is what makes this compo so much fun even if it didn't turn out as picture perfect as you wanted it to be. :)

I hear you guys. My entry is... okay... The lead line really... has some tonal inconsistencies and stuff that I could work out more if I had more than a weekend or two to record. But whatever, this compo is about fun.

Alright, rock stars! Time's up. No more submissions will be accepted. I'll be organizing all of the entries soon enough and will link to them in the first post of this thread. When that happens, voting will begin. I'll lay down some additional rules and highlight them, so please pay attention when you see those.

Good luck to all the participants!

Excellent work, everyone. Wanted to congratulate everyone on a job well done. Creative stuff. Each entry sounds so different one another. Enjoyed listening to each one and I'm even singing along some of them right now.

Whichever top 3 I vote for, I don't want the other ones to feel left out. :)

EDIT: Votes and comments sent. I wrote comments for ALL the tracks, not just the top 3. I highly suggest everyone does the same!

Voted. It's a shame we only had five entries, but I liked them all. Each one was hilarious and awesome in its own way, and the vocal styles were very diverse. The only thing I didn't really like was that it wasn't specified who did each mix. It would've been nice to know for sure.

Good luck to all of you. Eager to see how this plays out.