Mega Man Coming to Wii VC. No, not THAT one

The Damned

Or you could buy the GCN version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection for 15-20 bucks and have all 8.

I hate using the Gamecube controller for NES games. Hate hate hate hate it.

I already have working copies of the last two. No need to buy those.

I don't really like each and every one of the first six. No need to buy them all.

There are more emulation/port issues with that version than I care to count.

I hate using the Gamecube controller for NES games. Hate hate hate hate it.

I already have working copies of the last two. No need to buy those.

I don't really like each and every one of the first six. No need to buy them all.

There are more emulation/port issues with that version than I care to count.

Yep, pretty much. I returned mine because of the issues with it.

I liked all of the original Mega Man games (though I never cared as much for 2 *dodges stone*), but the GCN controller never quite worked for the Anniversary Collection. The GCN SNES style controller was perfect for the X collection (you could also set it up to play like the Zero games when played through the GB Player), but the 1-8 collection was uniquely bad compared to the PS2 and XBox versions of the same.

At any rate, I will be downloading Mega Man tomorrow if only to show support for future Mega Man releases on the Virtual Console. Mega Man 2 should be next month, as well as Mega Man 9. I'd love for Inafune to release a Mega Man X9 in the Mega Man X1-3 style at some point if Mega Man 9 goes over as well as it probably will.

Short version? Support such Capcom releases to secure even better future ones.

Or you could buy the GCN version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection for 15-20 bucks and have all 8.

Never mind the fact that some of the games got seriously butchered, of course. ... Bah. Who am I kidding? Yeah, I got a copy of the Mega Man AC for PS2 (not GC). Despite all the glitchy crap and missing stuff, it's still a keeper, though why anyone would want GC versions of the original or X collections at all is beyond me... (infernal GC controller).

Earthbound has been on that list for almost a year.

It's been on the list for a while, but it was actually rated by the ESRB just a month or two ago. So, while that still doesn't mean it's definitely coming, there's an infinitely better chance of it than there was a year ago.

And yes, Mega Man is definitely a purchase for me tomorrow; the first Virtual Console game I'll have bought since Kirby 64 back in March. Granted I don't like the first Mega Man nearly as much as 2 or 3, but still, the first three games are just awesomeness.