Super Smash Flash

Nohbody

Alright I was surfing and I found this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/333995

Its probably been around a while, but its still pretty cool if you ignore combat and just look at how remnicient of SSBM it is.

The gameplay is a festering load of crap though. I just really wanted to ask, is there any serious flash of C++ remake of Smash Bros happening? Because if so I want to know where and how and whats up. And if not then WTF??!!?

And dont say google, you know I hate that word.

The concept of making a Super Smash Bros flash game was a good one, but this specific one was downright horrible. The actual gameplay, the controls, and half of the hidden characters (including the stupid original sonic-fanboy bowel dumps) were just lame.

Can't expect the best of everything from Newgrounds, but the idea was good. Execution on the other hand? You're better off playing one of the actual Smash games...

Yeah, this game's bad. Ambitious, but a total trainwreck. They should've focused more on making the engine work right rather than putting all those damn characters in there. The whole thing was just slippery and a lot of it reeked of laziness, which is really bad when you're trying to salute a good game like Smash.

I wasn't expecting a perfect emulation of Smash physics, but come on. There's no rhyme or reason to any of the physics in the game. If you can't get *basics* right, you can't make a Smash game.

And yeah, I agree. Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to put Sonic fan-characters in that game? It's like they figured their game wasn't bad enough and they decided to go the extra mile with it. Ugh.

Im glad you guys see this game as bad. And who the fuck is blade?

Guys, there needs to be a good smash pc game out there, with online support, if only to make up for Brawl's laggy crap online play, and I think I'll be the one to do it. This is going to make an awesome undergraduate software engineering project. As of now, I dont know enough to even make an effable user interface, but I plan on learning. Don't expect anything for another one or two years though. Emulating the smash physics engine is going to be awesome.

I'll just need some sprite artists and oh, some remixes of music from video games, now where to find those?

This game feels like it was made by a guy who uses button types and pre-built components (handy for quick things but not for making a game, much less a fighting game) and made the entire thing by reading several "Here's how to make a simple Flash game" tutorials.

That was so terrible that I actually feel much better about my game programming abilities after playing it. I've been working on a sidescrolling game engine in Flash and am at the part of fine tuning the hit detection. It's kind of tedious but playing a game where they didn't do that just gives me even more fuel to perfect all my classes and methods.