Super Smash Flash

Nohbody

ya ive been goin to weeklys for a while now

im ready for pc and m2k

there must be another smash flash out there that Im not aware of and neither is google. there cant be tourneys in a game in which you become an invincible god by holding p in.

or this is an elaborate joke.

For a 16-year old kid's first *functional* "game," it's really good. As a game (as opposed to a "game") it sucks. I remember an AVGN video where the Nerd realized he couldn't even die in a game to end the section he was on; that was how I felt when I was attempting the break the targets game. The patterns are so eratic, and the controls so bad, that it really takes a huge dump all over the SSB namesake upon which it is based.

The game was terrible, yes, but I have to admit that the only thing I have done that was better was an RPG maker game that actually didn't suck, though it took no talent in terms of programming or flash manipulation to create, so it probably doesn't count. You know, as much as we mock this, that kid's probably going to be a game designer in the future if he keeps working at it. All I'll end with is this: good first attempt.

For a 16-year old kid's first *functional* "game," it's really good. As a game (as opposed to a "game") it sucks. I remember an AVGN video where the Nerd realized he couldn't even die in a game to end the section he was on; that was how I felt when I was attempting the break the targets game. The patterns are so eratic, and the controls so bad, that it really takes a huge dump all over the SSB namesake upon which it is based.

The game was terrible, yes, but I have to admit that the only thing I have done that was better was an RPG maker game that actually didn't suck, though it took no talent in terms of programming or flash manipulation to create, so it probably doesn't count. You know, as much as we mock this, that kid's probably going to be a game designer in the future if he keeps working at it. All I'll end with is this: good first attempt.

Dont get me started with the "game designer" thing. According to half this site's upper echelon believes that it would be easier to become a mob king when you're not italian than to become a game designer.

Well, to be a game programmer? You just have to get really good at it and have a passion for it, and knowing a few people doesn't hurt. To be the one making decisions and *designing* games? Yeah. Good luck. It isn't going to happen, particularly if you're not already working for a game company and don't have astounding credentials to your name. You can *try,* but unless you have some idea of how to execute it and can cite precedent that this game will be profitable, you're done before you're in the door. -_-

Well, to be a game programmer? You just have to get really good at it and have a passion for it, and knowing a few people doesn't hurt. To be the one making decisions and *designing* games? Yeah. Good luck. It isn't going to happen, particularly if you're not already working for a game company and don't have astounding credentials to your name. You can *try,* but unless you have some idea of how to execute it and can cite precedent that this game will be profitable, you're done before you're in the door. -_-

this is so depressing. Ive abandoned hope and i havent even entered college. whatever. Ill still be something on the internet when I make this game

this is so depressing. Ive abandoned hope and i havent even entered college. whatever. Ill still be something on the internet when I make this game

It's not impossible to be a game designer, because obviously they exist. :P It just takes some time and dedication, usually by starting out in some other field like testing, programming, etc. Going to a school like DigiPen or FullSail should improve your chances as well.