What song is this from?

cuser

Fuckers, it's based off of Metroid. It the song that plays when you land ont he planet for the first time.

Screw Attack? Like the move in Metroid? The logo, looks like the icon for said move, in Metroid?

Jesus christ, you go to a site that loves video games and has a hard-on for Metroid, and you don't recognize it?

Turn in your video game nerd cards, you're fired.

It's a remix of the item-picked-up-jingle from the Metroid Series.

As a curious side-note, the Metroid "item get" and the Ys "item get" jingle are exactly the same. I'm pretty sure I've even heard it used in a third series, although I can't remember exactly what it was at the moment. Makes me wonder about the story behind it. (Is it some sort of public domain tune in Japan? A common doorbell chime? What?)

EDIT:

At about the 45 second mark, opening a chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou62LDUfP-M

As a curious side-note, the Metroid "item get" and the Ys "item get" jingle are exactly the same. I'm pretty sure I've even heard it used in a third series, although I can't remember exactly what it was at the moment. Makes me wonder about the story behind it. (Is it some sort of public domain tune in Japan? A common doorbell chime? What?)

EDIT:

At about the 45 second mark, opening a chest.

Hmm, they're similar, but not exactly the same. I'd say purely coincidence. Both songs have the same (12 quarter notes)(whole note) pattern, and they both song very consonant, with a similar (the same?) chord progression. For both songs, they obviously wanted it to sound good. If there were, say, 12 or 14 notes instead of 13, it would've sounded worse. If the notes were more dissonant, it would've sounded worse. So, both composers simply came up with songs that sound similar. That's my theory at least...

Or maybe the Ys's (?) composer used the Metroid song as a starting point, and then didn't deviate a whole lot...

"Rollercoaster of Love" is a Red Hot Chili Peppers song (not sure if it's a cover by them or not though). I've only heard the song a couple of times, so I couldn't judge, but it's possible. Other than that, I have no idea.

It's not the Red Hot Chili Peppers cover.