JamSpace at MAGFest M7.

Escariot

• 3 weeks later...

me and oa are looking for a drummer and maybe even a 2nd guitar player to play a set

want someone who is serious about taking the time to learn the material so that it can hopefully be as solid as possible. we aren't really going for anything in particular and still kicking around songs to play - not sure how many - but we are def open for suggestions

me and oa are looking for a drummer and maybe even a 2nd guitar player to play a set

want someone who is serious about taking the time to learn the material so that it can hopefully be as solid as possible. we aren't really going for anything in particular and still kicking around songs to play - not sure how many - but we are def open for suggestions

I'm a drummer, and a singer.

• 1 month later...

So it's getting closer.

I have been meaning to post this for awhile.

But I would really like to get together a group to play as many tunes from the Xenogears - CREID soundtrack as possible. I only want people who are serious to really take the time to learn the tunes and keep them faithful to the original and not make it no so much a jam session.

Since it's more eclectic instruments and style it's gonna be harder to find people but when Taucer started taking about bringing his Irish flutes I thought I would atleast try.

Depending on who comes aboard will dicate what songs to do.

Just listening to the album, here are the instruments I pick up on:

- (I'm thinking) 2 keyboardists to be safe (i hear piano, harp, vibes, pads, fx, and we'll probably need to double instruments or percussion)

- acoustic guitar

- electric guitar (clean/dist solo)

- drums

- percussion (2 probably) (tambourine, djembe, dumbek, shakers, jingle bells, tablas probably won't happen)

- irish whistle (Taucer hopefully)

- accordion (probably not the easiest to find - but i saw overcoat plays)

- violin (viola maybe?) - string parts harmonize so 2 is actually better

- girl vox (background as well as lead - japanese diction is a plus in my book)

- uilleann pipes (yeah right - maybe we'll get something else that sounds similar)

I think there is a hurdy gurdy in there too.

oh and I got bass. :razz: - maybe drums

It's pretty ambitious, but would be amazing if we could get this together.

So it's getting closer.

I have been meaning to post this for awhile.

But I would really like to get together a group to play as many tunes from the Xenogears - CREID soundtrack as possible. I only want people who are serious to really take the time to learn the tunes and keep them faithful to the original and not make it no so much a jam session.

Since it's more eclectic instruments and style it's gonna be harder to find people but when Taucer started taking about bringing his Irish flutes I thought I would atleast try.

Depending on who comes aboard will dicate what songs to do.

Just listening to the album, here are the instruments I pick up on:

- (I'm thinking) 2 keyboardists to be safe (i hear piano, harp, vibes, pads, fx, and we'll probably need to double instruments or percussion)

- acoustic guitar

- electric guitar (clean/dist solo)

- drums

- percussion (2 probably) (tambourine, djembe, dumbek, shakers, jingle bells, tablas probably won't happen)

- irish whistle (Taucer hopefully)

- accordion (probably not the easiest to find - but i saw overcoat plays)

- violin (viola maybe?) - string parts harmonize so 2 is actually better

- girl vox (background as well as lead - japanese diction is a plus in my book)

- bagpipes (yeah right - maybe we'll something else thats similar)

I think there is a hurdy gurdy in there too.

oh and I got bass. :razz: - maybe drums

It's pretty ambitious, but would be amazing if we could get this together.

I think it's unlikely that we'll be able to get the necessary people to play straight up covers the way they are done in CREID. However, it would definitely be fun to put together an eclectic celtic band to play arrangements of Xeno and Chrono tunes. I would especially love to play live arrangements of Omen, My Village is Number One, and Bonds of Sea and Fire.

By the way, the pipes used in CREID aren't bagpipes; they're uilleann pipes.

Anyway, count me in for whistles (I have two whistles, one high D and one low D. They can play most easily in D and G) and/or guitars.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I was on track to have a great 2 camera setup for recording jamspace 24/7 this year, but an unexpected bout of unemployment put an end to that. Now I've got enough to at least set up a single camera but what I lack is the disk space to record the entire weekend. If you're in the Baltimore-DC area only (basically within reasonable driving distance) and have a 500GB or greater SATA drive I'd like to borrow it for the weekend. I need about 2TB total space and have about a third of that. The reason I ask for locals only is because I'm going to need to process the video down to a reasonable size and that's going to take a couple days afterward, and I don't really trust anyone to ship a non-new drive so I'm going to return it in person. If it's in an enclosure it should be easily removable as I'll be sticking it inside the recording PC. Thanks in advance.

Whoa someone else who plays tenor recorder?? Most people have never even *seen* them, rock on!

I'm bringing my tenor and soprano recorders, and flute. I'm a huge Xenogears Creid fan too - lemme know if anyone wants chord sheets or anything from that.

Also, a quick glance makes it seem like we got ourselves quite a horn section too! (sax, trombone and I think I saw someone with a trumpet.. Rama?) If any of the brassists has requests, I can write up some quick horn arrangements that the rest of the band can improv over, kinda like as the head of a jazz tune.

FYI I'm all for prior preparation, at least in the form of "list of songs" or perhaps even as general as soundtracks. That we can listen more closely to them in the next few weeks and at least be on the same page, then let creativity flow from there. :-)

Oy vey. It's looking like I might not even make it to MAGFest this year. I've been to every one since M3 (including my ridiculous journey through a blizzard to get to M4,) and I was REALLLLY looking forward to it, but the fates seem to be conspiring against me. It sucks.

:-(/10characters