JamSpace at MAGFest M7.

Escariot

sorry for the dp.

stevo and i got to talking about 'dreams dreams' from the NiGHTS ost. it's easy, it's conducive to the instrumentation we'd have, and i think we could totally record live at magfest and sub it here. anyone else up for it?

yes. I listened to it, but I imagined sax in place of the vocals. That would be freakin amazing

Okay so I was on track to have a great 2 camera setup for recording jamspace 24/7 this year, but an unexpected bout of unemployment put an end to that. Now I've got enough to at least set up a single camera but what I lack is the disk space to record the entire weekend. If you're in the Baltimore-DC area only (basically within reasonable driving distance) and have a 500GB or greater SATA drive I'd like to borrow it for the weekend. I need about 2TB total space and have about a third of that. The reason I ask for locals only is because I'm going to need to process the video down to a reasonable size and that's going to take a couple days afterward, and I don't really trust anyone to ship a non-new drive so I'm going to return it in person. If it's in an enclosure it should be easily removable as I'll be sticking it inside the recording PC. Thanks in advance.

if your gonna do video and some people are talking about doing recording - you guys should coordinate if possible to mic and take a submix in from the board to send to the camera so the audio is better than just whatever mic is on the camera

if your gonna do video and some people are talking about doing recording - you guys should coordinate if possible to mic and take a submix in from the board to send to the camera so the audio is better than just whatever mic is on the camera

Dom's going to have a full recording straight from the mixer, I'm going to sync things up later.

Hey, just a quick call out. If anybody can bring either a bass and/or a guitar for public use, we are still looking. We are not able to rent either one due to budget limitations.

Note: If you have a really nice one that costs more than the vehicle in which you bring it, don't offer it up for public use. We are not going to let people abuse equipment, but it will most likely be treated slightly more roughly than by your own hand. So any standard quality/price piece of equipment will work just fine.

Note 2: We *will* be having stands for stringed instruments, so they won't be sitting on the ground when not in a case.

Note 3: We have trusted/soon-to-be-trained staffers that will keep the non-used equipment in cases and organized so that nothing gets lost.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can bring something!

I thought I heard someone say something about arranging a DKC-2 track?

That might be a cool idea to get the horn section in on it - a quick and dirty jazz-style arrangement with a written-out head, some solos, ending. Any recommendations for tracks that might work for?

I'd be down for Dreams^2 if you need jazzy keys (not sure the flutes would necessarily fit in as much, unless you wanted a jazzy solo somewhere)

((I wonder how many times I can use the word jazz in one post))

I thought I heard someone say something about arranging a DKC-2 track?

That might be a cool idea to get the horn section in on it - a quick and dirty jazz-style arrangement with a written-out head, some solos, ending. Any recommendations for tracks that might work for?

I'd be down for Dreams^2 if you need jazzy keys (not sure the flutes would necessarily fit in as much, unless you wanted a jazzy solo somewhere)

((I wonder how many times I can use the word jazz in one post))

for dkc2, talk to taucer about what's open on the project. or, you could do horn parts for NiGHTS so i don't have to =) and yeah, flutes could fit in, considering that there's a solo in the song for them.

for dkc2, talk to taucer about what's open on the project. or, you could do horn parts for NiGHTS so i don't have to =) and yeah, flutes could fit in, considering that there's a solo in the song for them.

Cranky's Conga is open, and I'd love to hear a live arrangement of that. The chord progression is one that seems like it would be easy to play around and improvise over.

• 2 weeks later...