OCR00323 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "La Samba de Agua"

Saunders

Love this track, And great job to Mustin with his instrumental capabilities. Everything sounds great in this, from guitar to the harmonica solo. The only downside is that the track's a little quiet overall, but hey, that's nothing to be picky about, it just gives me a reason to kick up the volume :D

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A really relaxing, lounge-y feeling piece. :-)

Mustin does a great job on all the instruments he plays here; production sounds really warm, it feels like Mustin's right there (with a backing band of other Mustins, o'course) serenading you on a beach (or similar seaside locale).

... sweeeet.

• 2 months later...

Warm and Lighthearted - 4/5

- - -

I love the feel to this - as stated very cabana-esque! The only faults that I hear are the overall quality of the track, but at the same time the strength of the performance is good enough to overshadow it. Fun remix!

• 1 year later...

Completely forgot that SMB3 World 3 was the forefather of the Fairy Fountain theme from Zelda. Epic as hell.

Mustin does a tremendous job with the material here, and on a technical level, its a powerhouse. Effective as synthetic instruments are, I think a mix like this proves just how beneficial and special live instruments are, particularly when it's 100% live acoustic. Though it does show signs of being pieced together and not recorded in the one session, it hardly makes a difference. The live vibe is there, and it sounds great.

I liked the sax and the harmonica lead, whereas other elements veered on the edge of being lost in the back. A close and focused listen really brings those elements out though.

Overall, this brings a lot to a very simple melody. It's catchy, elegant and overall, it has an awesome personality thanks to its intimate approach and live emphasis. Feel good stuff.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00323 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "La Samba de Agua"