Sonic Advance 3 'City Lights (Route 99 Mix)

DJ Max-E

I made this remix about 2 or three weeks ago (dont remember). One of my favourites from Sonic Advance 3. This mix wasn't difficult to do at all, it jus took me about a day or 2 to finish it, because of lagness on my computer. stupid lag...

City Lights mix:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tG9pjYsuG7A

Route 99 Act 3 OST:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hFqOaVHvWM8

Feel free to rate/comment/etc.

Enjoy.:)

Wow, this sounds great!

It's for sure one of these mixes i'd keep on my playlist.

I like the feeling you've put into it.. long time since i don't hear such good drum n bass.

Okay, here comes the bad-assed part of the criticism.

• Introduction is weak: Feels out of the atmosphere you've put in the rest of the mix. Maybe you should make some chiptune something in the beginning... Just try to find an alternative.

• Drums should be LOUDEEEER!!!!

That's all.

Anyways, fantastic work mate, the changes to be made are pretty small .. so it'll be soon ready to go.

Wow, this sounds great!

It's for sure one of these mixes i'd keep on my playlist.

I like the feeling you've put into it.. long time since i don't hear such good drum n bass.

Okay, here comes the bad-assed part of the criticism.

• Introduction is weak: Feels out of the atmosphere you've put in the rest of the mix. Maybe you should make some chiptune something in the beginning... Just try to find an alternative.

• Drums should be LOUDEEEER!!!!

That's all.

Anyways, fantastic work mate, the changes to be made are pretty small .. so it'll be soon ready to go.

HORRAY FOR CRITICISM! lol naw. when it comes to criticism, it's like, "oh no...here it comes........"

I wish I could edit the mix, but I can't. my dad reinstalled the cpu. Plus, everything (all of the mixes I made on FL Studio 8 ) on my MP4 are gone because of the computer. I'm tellin you, my cpu is corrupted, 4 life. lol

Like I said in your other thread, you should really post an MP3 or something for people to listen to. YouTube sound quality gets degraded, so its difficult to tell if mastering issues are inherent in the mix, or if it's just a result of YouTube being crappy.

There are a lot of places you can use for hosting music files. I recommend Tindeck or Pownce.

Like I said in your other thread, you should really post an MP3 or something for people to listen to. YouTube sound quality gets degraded, so its difficult to tell if mastering issues are inherent in the mix, or if it's just a result of YouTube being crappy.

There are a lot of places you can use for hosting music files. I recommend Tindeck or Pownce.

it's jus youtube being crappy. lol

Intro bells sound too simple. Longer release (compensate by dropping decay if necessary) might help it. Some stereo placement would be nice. Reverse crash is way too short for the effect I assume you want - start it earlier.

It's also repetitive. The source is too, but the source has more bite, so it's less bothersome there. It seems to be way too close to source a lot of the time, reiterating sections from source time after time. There's additions, and they're good, but I think you need a different structure and overall progression for it.

Also, youtube is killing the sound quality, it sounds like it's straight from a snes or n64-era machine. Not good. I recommend using tindeck.

Intro bells sound too simple. Longer release (compensate by dropping decay if necessary) might help it. Some stereo placement would be nice. Reverse crash is way too short for the effect I assume you want - start it earlier.

It's also repetitive. The source is too, but the source has more bite, so it's less bothersome there. It seems to be way too close to source a lot of the time, reiterating sections from source time after time. There's additions, and they're good, but I think you need a different structure and overall progression for it.

Also, youtube is killing the sound quality, it sounds like it's straight from a snes or n64-era machine. Not good. I recommend using tindeck.

Thanks, I'll remember that next time.