Dragonforce

Devyn

Dragonforce is just another metal band with guitarists who can just pull out fast arpeggios and harmony with one another, nothing new or overly pleasing to the ear.

all music ever is basically nothing new and whenever it is something new almost everyone goes 'wtf is this' for a few years and then the next generation of twelve year olds accept it because everyone loving something that up to that point has been almost universally disliked is the new definition of being different and then suddenly it's the popular thing even though it's probably terrible compared to Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

i listen to a lot of progressive rock, and it was progressive for a reason...

Ahaha, yes way to go, snob. Progressive rock is possibly the most pretentious dickwaving musical genre out there, and it sounds great until you realise that the majority of bands who call themselves 'prog' only put in the crrraazy time signatures etc. to be able to call themselves 'prog'.

This is the same kind of wankery, or possibly even a worse kind wankery than dragonforce does. It's not "Wow look at how fast I can play, I'm so good" but it's "Wow look at me composing a 20 minute song with 300 different time signatures and key modulations, I'm so good"

Everyone know screamo is the only way to go.

Everyone know screamo is the worst way to go.

My sarcasm detector's broke so I couldn't tell if you were being serious with that statement. Had to fix it in case you were.

Sorry Tensai, I bludgeon any one who goes for screamo with any screamo album they got to where they see the light on what a waste of time and resources it is.

That said, I usually enjoy anything and everything :lol:

oh yeah...

RUSSIA TO BAN EMO!

http://www.nme.com/news/my-chemical-romance/38392

I loled super hard :lol: :lol: :lol:

My sarcasm detector's broke so I couldn't tell if you were being serious with that statement. Had to fix it in case you were.

Sorry Tensai, I bludgeon any one who goes for screamo with any screamo album they got to where they see the light on what a waste of time and resources it is.

That said, I usually enjoy anything and everything :lol:

oh yeah...

RUSSIA TO BAN EMO!

http://www.nme.com/news/my-chemical-romance/38392

I loled super hard :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I didn't even really know where I was going with that post, so whatever. :P

I do think it's pretty disturbing news about Russia banning an entire musical genre/youth movement, even if it's LAWL EMO. It wouldn't be exaggerated to ask how long it will take for the Russian government to start banning anyone who disagrees with them, and we'll be up in another cold war before you know it. Not really a laughing matter IMO.

That said, I do think there's at least SOME decent screamo-ish music :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPeKdL2jmPk&feature=related

I do think it's pretty disturbing news about Russia banning an entire musical genre/youth movement, even if it's LAWL EMO. It wouldn't be exaggerated to ask how long it will take for the Russian government to start banning anyone who disagrees with them, and we'll be up in another cold war before you know it. Not really a laughing matter IMO.

Actually offtopic, but Russia's been getting worse rather dicreetly, if not slowly...

Before this it was the racism in Russia

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1304096,00.html

While the article is two years old, it's still prevalent based on what I'm hearing from friends over there...

I love me some Russian women but god damn the country's going to the shitter again... >:L

why I don't understand

because some of the music is actually GOOD

i mean the people that sit in corners and cry are retards but why hate the genre because a portion of the fanbase is retarded

if thats how things work i should REALLY hate video game remixes :]

because some of the music is actually GOOD

let it be known that I have never used the phrase 'emo is terrible' to actually describe the music

as a musician I tend to avoid terms like emo that encompass an entire spectrum of musical diversity - it's like saying 'I like rock' or 'I dislike rap (because I am a tool)'

when I say emo is terrible I am talking about dudes who wear jeans way too tight and have black greasy fringes over one side of the face and wear either the thick black glasses or aviator sunglasses or whatever

Actually that's why I don't really watch anime anymore because then I might become like THEM.

I watch animus and I am still a Herculean epic waiting to happen

From First To Last - Ride The Wings Of Pestilence

The Fall of Troy - Wacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones

I'm probably way off-base calling those screamo though :]

The first one was actually not bad till they started to scream... >:L

The last one just makes me think of a really bad megaman remix done by a 13 year old...

That said... I'm a sucker for this... I think it has to do more with the singers being women than simply the content. However I enjoy them :)!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDUsLje5UY8&feature=related

I was introduced to DragonForce a couple of years ago and I like them. Like the opening post said, if you need something upbeat and you need metal, DragonForce is the way to go. I've found it great to code to, oddly. I typically prefer Symphony X though because their music represents a wider emotional range and they do concept albums. I wish concept albums were the standard in music.

Actually that's why I don't really watch anime anymore because then I might become like THEM.

I just go into anime threads and talk about all the meaningful aspects of certain animes and get ignored. Anime fans are some of the least insightful fans around.

Ahaha, yes way to go, snob. Progressive rock is possibly the most pretentious dickwaving musical genre out there, and it sounds great until you realise that the majority of bands who call themselves 'prog' only put in the crrraazy time signatures etc. to be able to call themselves 'prog'.

This is the same kind of wankery, or possibly even a worse kind wankery than dragonforce does. It's not "Wow look at how fast I can play, I'm so good" but it's "Wow look at me composing a 20 minute song with 300 different time signatures and key modulations, I'm so good"

Everyone know screamo is the only way to go.

I laugh at how you pass off Progressive rock and then say that screamo is pretty decent. Lets compare the too.

Progressive Rock(not new prog rock, im talking 60s-80s)

-As you've mentioned, complexed and different time signatures

-Long songs which most of the time have constant change

-A large array of instruments from theramins to sitars and who knows what.

-Talented musicians

-Lyrics similar to poetry.

Screamo

-4/4 with a couple of common back beats

-Whiney singers, sometimes with a bit of harmony thrown in

-Substandard guitar, not passing off the skills of the guitarist, but they

rarely show it.

-Whiney lyrics complaining about "how they didnt get the girl" or how "they

hate their parents"

yeh......