Unreleased Super Mario Kart Music Discovered! (um, play along)

Monobrow

yeah... so obviously this isn't real but I thought it would be fun to see if I could actually fool anybody who's not a VGM scholar or community member.....getting it to sound halfway decent with youtube's crappy limiting was a huge task.. [i'll eventually let the truth be known so as not to scar Soyo Oka's amazing reputation]

Also... for anybody who actually knows who I am here... I PROMISE to have lots more actual PIANO videos up later this week at the LATEST (also I'll be upping all the old ones to my webspace incase anybody misses them)!! So Yeah... whatever comments you can leave to make this thing more convincing that would rule!!

THANKS SHIZZ!!!! See you at magfest.. hopefully... if I don't end up in the hospital like M5 :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVhBS-G3GI8

So basically guys, I wonder just how many people would think this is an actual unreleased track? Haha...

Some of you may be having problems getting this to play on your copies of Super Mario Kart because you don't have an early release of SMK... for some reason it was removed from later editions. I don't know about the ROMs out there, but it definitely plays in my copy of SMK that my uncle bought in the first month or two of its release. Of course if you have the Japanese version then it'll play no matter what.

I did my part.

Aye, it does sound like a different version of Rainbow Road. Very cool track, though - I wouldn't mind racing that track with that music there.

Not that I EVER enjoy racing on Rainbow Road...

I love Rainbow Road. I can do it flawlessly (no brakes, finger never off gas) with Koopa Troopa. I'm not one of those crazies though, that can do insane full speed hop turns with DK jr or something... Holy shit that is crazy.

You bastards. This is going to end up being something that pops up on video game threads for years to come. "hey i found tis song frm mario cart but it not on mine wher's it from?" will be seen in forums until time ends.

Too bad a quick Google search turn up both the other site and OCR threads... but most people aren't smart enough to highlight, ricght-click, "search Google for".

Still, you bastards.

With a bit of luck, maybe this will come full circle, and someone will submit a remix of the track, only to be told "Sorry, song doesn't exist, we just made it up to fuck with people."

LOL! that might flatter shanbubula a bit, hehe.

And his 8 bit terra mix is really awesome too.. way better than the version that someone did here on OCR (that was also posted a while ago, and the standards have shifted a bit since then i think.)

You bastards. This is going to end up being something that pops up on video game threads for years to come. "hey i found tis song frm mario cart but it not on mine wher's it from?" will be seen in forums until time ends.

I've got to go with Damned on this, it's dumb to create hoaxes like this.

It'll be "Mew is behind the truck by the S.S. Anne." all over again. I'll still run into people who think that was how you got Mew.

I've got to go with Damned on this' date=' it's dumb to create hoaxes like this.

It'll be "Mew is behind the truck by the S.S. Anne." all over again. I'll still run into people who think that was how you got Mew.[/quote']

There's a difference, though. The irony is, the people who like what Shna has done will not credit him, but rather the alleged composer. And it's all in good fun - it'll be shot down soon enough.

I've got to go with Damned on this' date=' it's dumb to create hoaxes like this.

It'll be "Mew is behind the truck by the S.S. Anne." all over again. I'll still run into people who think that was how you got Mew.[/quote']I didm't say it was dumb. I think it's quite funny, actually. I just expect most people to completely fall for it. This will replace "Micheal Jackson did music for Sonic" threads.

He definatly nailed the style, but the song itself is to busy to have been an actual song. It's like he tried to hard. Instead of a normal tune, it sounds like he tried to put a little bit of everything in it.

That's because he's Shnabubula.

where's his webspace, anyway?

I am pretty sure those comments are from people who are "in" on the whole thing, trying to perpetuate it even more.

Yeah, but it would be really funny if those comments really weren't from people in on it: having a quality song that sounds like it could be straight from the game + other, anonymous users who seem to "recall" it, perfect formula for convincing that random guy that he's heard it before. Wonder when the truth will get out...