OCR01739 - Super Metroid "Kindred"

djpretzel

I don't know how to describe this in musical terms, but right at 1:42 and 3:37 the key changes or something. Some very minor-key-sounding element. And it's just a few notes. It's very haunting, and very beautiful, all at once.

Music theory amazes me, so I'm very curious to know how someone musically talented would describe that brief break. It's something to do with the key the music was in previously and the transition to something different that makes it stick out so much for me, I think.

Really enjoying this track. Xenosphere is def one of my all time favs on OCR so this automatically gets two thumbs up. The vocals and sound design really help carry the song and immerse into an excellent atmosphere.

Maridia isn't exactly the greatest source in the world to base a remix of off. It had some good ambience through minimalism. This mix basically took the good points about the source and makes them 10x better. One of my fav pixie vocal performances thus far too! The hooks in the melody were awesome. Great stuff dude and dudette! :nicework:

One thing that struck me listening to this again at the OCR panel... The way Jill did the vocals for the main melody, plus the overall atmospheric vibe of the song, reminds me a lot of the opening song for Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. In a good way; I really liked that song. KF

This remix is stunning. I LOVE the atmosphere that this song sets, and I also think it stays completely true to the games in the Metroid series (not that remixes have to do this) .

I have been listening to this song frequently since I downloaded it, and I just cannot get enough :)

Keep up the great work pixietricks and zircon!

ok. so up until now i had my faves: terra in black, pheonix symphonic, etc. mostly stuff from the FF games that i know so well. but after i heard this you have reawakened my inner samus and i have to say that this piece is sooo beautiful. i feel as if i'm samus walking in the caves of zebes or sr388 look at the little enemies on my way to grab jump ball or something. i can hear the footsteps of dark samus in the deep and the screech of ridley in the distance.

my new fave piece obviously. thank you and NEVER STOP mixing! (and pixie [your vocals right?] why are you not doing that professionally!!?)

kudos from kobuu:-o

The first minute or so of this track was building me up to a climax of epic proportions, then the vocals came in and I became flaccid and unfulfilled. :/

when the vocals came in for me I was like "omg most awesome thing ever!" But yeah as for whether or not this is the best pixietricks song ever, it's hard to say. It's hard to beat Hajime and Via (FFX). As for zircon, don't worry I think he's awesome too! This was awesome but I don't know if it beats his Eternal Champions one. But yeah Kindred is definitely one of my fav remixes ever.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01739 - Super Metroid "Kindred"