Super Dodgeball: The music, the game, the remixes

Mae

Hey all. Remember that NES game (or perhaps one of the remakes for GameBoy Advance or Nintendo DS) Super Dodgeball? The music. The 6 guys from team USA going up against 6 guys from various countries around the world. The beanball event where you can pwn all your buddies out front of your high school.

All good times.

Well, a couple years ago Walan had a dream. A dream of more remixes of music from the Super Dodgeball soundtrack. Just a few months ago, Mustin and the BadDudes came through with No Balls no Glory. But there's always room for more, right?

The Super Dodgeball: Around the World project is going strong, but still has a few openings. Right now, 2 remixes have been accepted by the judges panel - but they can't be released until the project is finished. Avaris - Breakbeat Market, and The Prophet of Mephisto - Rockin the Yard need your support so they can be shared with everyone. There are a few others already finished that we're still waiting to hear decisions for. All of the music is great. But we still have room for a few more people. Check out the thread, and see if you can help, or if you know someone who can.

In the mean time, share your thoughts about the game, the music, etc here.

Thanks!

If you're so sure I exist...get on mah project! =P

And Elex: A RCR project would be pretty awesome as well. My 2 favorite remixes from the game (that I've heard) are Mazedude - RiverCity Rammstein, and an OLR track by the Crazy Crakaz...it's got tons of cussing so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it in community. Oh well: NOT SAFE FOR WORK - RATED NSFW FOR LANGUAGE, AND SEXUAL REFERENCES Crazy Crakaz - Rivercity Rap

This project is for n00bs.

Oh yeah? Around the World is so cool, djp didn't even bother mentioning it at the Otakon panel. FACE!

In all seriousness, though. What Mae says is very true: I have a deep passion for Kazuo Sawa's Super Dodge Ball soundtrack. I'm so proud of the work of all the artists who have provided for the project so far as well as anyone who showed interest in this album. If you're interested, follow the links in Mae's post to the Around the World project thread. And while you're at it, check out No Balls, No Glory, too!