ICO 'The Crystalized Castle'

Eshmasesh

This is my first time ever posting on OCremix. Yay! ^-^ I want to be more active in making videogame remixes from now, because I had a lot of fun doing this one.

This track includes samples from Coffin and Castle in the Mist, and a liberal interpretation of Continue is also present.

Listen here (reverbnation has a strange pop-up music player thingy, just fyi)

**The song has been RENAMED to "Sine Waves and Foggy Days".

Wow, really ace remix, this is. I don't remember the ICO soundtrack that well, but this is certainly an interesting departure from it - really nice work with the glitched-out beats and other IDM-ish elements. Only thing that sort of bothered me was the really sharp gating you used around 1:45, which felt a bit too disorienting in my opinion. And the ending was a bit abrupt - I kind expected a lingering pad to re-emerge from the decaying reverbs of the final notes to slowly ease us out.

Anyhow, great job with this piece. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Very cool. Great choice and use of source tunes. But so short! Expanding it to at least 3-4 minutes would give it a much better chance on the panel. The ending actually sounds like a potential lead-in to a more upbeat development, like maybe a double-time section or something.

Good luck, hope to hear more from you.

Edit: BTW, if "I Am L" is from Death Note, you should consider submitting it to AnimeRemix.org

Very cool. Great choice and use of source tunes. But so short! Expanding it to at least 3-4 minutes would give it a much better chance on the panel. The ending actually sounds like a potential lead-in to a more upbeat development, like maybe a double-time section or something.

Good luck, hope to hear more from you.

Thank you! I suppose I could have made it longer, but I was mostly doing this for fun and as a test. If it turns out that that really is a deciding factor for its rejection, then i'll revisit it. or maybe I will anyway, cuz I do that sometimes.
Edit: BTW, if "I Am L" is from Death Note, you should consider submitting it to AnimeRemix.org
I've never heard of that place before.... HMMMM..... :<

Yeah, I love Death Note, and I recognized that tune instantly. What I have to ask though is if all the songs up there are remixes, or are some original?
Those two + the ones with "mix" in their name are the only remixes, but strange beginnings and strange endings (thought still a WIP) are my most recent originals. I've had tons of improvement recently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just uploaded a more recent version of the track, took the length comments to heart and decided to extend it to encompass more ideas. Definitely not finished with it, I feel that it's still bare in parts, but I think the structure is pretty final.

Also, I renamed the track! decided I didn't like it sounding so similar to a band i hate and thought of a prettier title, "Sine Waves and Foggy Days". =3

May I ask what the source tune is for Paradise? (There are many songs by that name.) Is it from a video game, or is it a standard song like The Moment I Said It? (Thanks for turning me on to Imogen Heap, btw.)
Ah, sorry I never responded to this!

The source tune was done by one of my friends. He goes by Draigun. A friendly remix competition for it was held on bemanistyle and I participated.

• 3 weeks later...

About the only thing I could find about this remix that I didn't really like much was near the end at 3:20 with the watery-glitchy sounds that dominate the mix there right before that last gating. Other than that I say good luck with this in the submission stage, it's really well done.