OCR00985 - Super Street Fighter II "Cammy by Night"

Incredible. The intro sax or whatever with the background beat was truly reminiscent of Cammy and captured the Street Fighter Theme. Plus, the ending at 3'45 that just coasted to the end brought out a great jazz finish. Nice.

There's nothing inherently wrong with this mix. It's very well put together, and achieves the desired effect. I only start really loving it when the piano comes in. 8) The only tiny problem I have is with the drums. I just don't like the way they sound. Personal preference.

:nicework: Nice work mv. A very good listen.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't downloaded any remixes off the site for a while, but I thought I'd drop in to see what was up. BAM, mv + cammy's theme = obvious

success so I couldn't resist. Beautifully done, the sax is ooooozing with

yummy yums!

Someone mentioned the streets of rage style, I was thinking of that also

when I heard the mix, not surprising though. I think mv is a big fan of

those soundtracks. SoR2 was probably my favorite soundtrack of the 16 bit era.

I then checked out a few reviews, and was shocked to see negative

reviews. I think some of these kids need to take a music lesson or

stop their idle babblings. word

-JX

• 2 months later...

I was never entirely sure whether the sax was real or not -- played by someone like CharlieBird Parker. I think the pads were a little too loud relative to the sax, but that's it. Otherwise, the compression, bass, drums, lead, pads, all mixed well to feel like an excellent hybrid acid jazz/light jazz piece.

• 7 months later...

The subject heading sez it all, mv. I can't get enough of this remix. As much as I loved London Drizzle, your remix puts me at a very mellow mood and - strangely enough - I get more productive work done when mellow. The only problem I have is that it feels like it ends too early and a bit too suddenly. Otherwise, it excellent!

P.S. The section between 2:56 and 3:38 keeps reminding me of Secret of Mana for some crazy reason...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have you ever had a song that when you listen to it, regardless of what is going on in your life, everything slows down to a crawl as you sit back and just relax...

Have you ever had a song that brings a sense of style and smoothness regardless of what is going on...

Have you ever had a song that could do all of the above, plus make for amazing make out music?

Well, this is one of those songs for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

wow this is AWESOME. I know I'm about 5 years late, but this a damn good remix. The sax and the synth actually work really well together IMHO :razz:. The sax trills are awesome and I love the sax during the breakdown about 3/4 through. This whole piece is smooth and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...like rum.

• 10 months later...

As good a Street Fighter mix as I've heard recently. Seriously good stuff. It's pretty brave with the sound choice, but it hits it out of the park for me. The blend of textures and shades reminded me of a city at nightime; slick lights, bustling streets. All that cool stuff.

This acts builds some maturation on top of McVaffe's Cammy mix, and in doing so creates something that sounds quite delectable and special. The sax sample sounds amazing and the decision to use it sparingly benefited the arrangement in spades. The synth is odd but in a cool way, and I don't really hear too much clashing that has been complained about a lot.

Simply put, this is the level of quality I look for first when I download a mix. I am in love with this.

• 2 months later...

I don't hear much of the main melody in this, but the bass and harmony is in there. Either way, it's pretty classily done, and it has a cool groove that isn't in a rush to impress. The sax sounds really nice with the synth, and the beats and bass are great.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but this song is smooth, and I think girls might like it too. :<

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00985 - Super Street Fighter II "Cammy by Night"
  • 2 years later...

So, I was a heavy 'user' of OC Remix about 16 years ago, in my high school years, and am returning to the fold now.  This remix was my first stop.  It's amazing to cruise downtown at night listening to this.  Part remix, part re-imagining, beautiful combination of organ/keyboard and sax (sometimes hard to differentiate the two,  they flow out so naturally) this one's stuck with me for just shy of two decades. In like fashion, I'll punch this into my CD player every time the sun is down and I'm headed toward the big lights.  Amazing work.

• 4 years later...