WIP Hosting

DarkeSword

I couldn't help noticing this topic. I know you guys probably won't listen to a "noob" (:-P) like me, but I highly recommend www.upload-mp3.com. A free account gets these:

- 50 MB file upload limit

- 500 MB of disk space

- 256 MB of daily bandwidth transfer

That's if you sign up, they also offer an upload option where you don't need an account.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to suggest that remixSite (http://www.remixsite.org/) offers free posting, hosting, and streaming of video game songs. Registration is required to upload music, but anyone can listen without registration.

Features include:

• 100MB upload limit per song
  • All valid music files accepted, including MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, WMA, and others
  • Files in MP3 format can be streamed; all files can be downloaded
  • Upload a new version in place of your old one and track changes
  • Determine exactly how many people listened to your song

There is no problem with posting links and debating songs here, as long as the link you post goes to the song's details page so that people can rate it at remixSite as well. For WIPs, mark the "work in progress" checkbox in the upload form.

An example of a link to a work in progress is http://www.remixsite.org/song/details/9-v2-Binweasel-Take_a_Step. This particular WIP was revised once, and you can listen to both versions by following the appropriate links.

I wanted to suggest that remixSite (http://www.remixsite.org/) offers free posting, hosting, and streaming of video game songs. Registration is required to upload music, but anyone can listen without registration.

Features include:

• 100MB upload limit per song
  • All valid music files accepted, including MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, WMA, and others
  • Files in MP3 format can be streamed; all files can be downloaded
  • Upload a new version in place of your old one and track changes
  • Determine exactly how many people listened to your song

There is no problem with posting links and debating songs here, as long as the link you post goes to the song's details page so that people can rate it at remixSite as well. For WIPs, mark the "work in progress" checkbox in the upload form.

An example of a link to a work in progress is http://www.remixsite.org/song/details/9-v2-Binweasel-Take_a_Step. This particular WIP was revised once, and you can listen to both versions by following the appropriate links.

:/

That's kinda weird. It would be nicer if you could just host the file without having it rated by the host...

That's kinda weird. It would be nicer if you could just host the file without having it rated by the host...

Yeah, I don't think the site was intended to be a host for WIPs.

With all due respect, Quintin, I don't believe that would be a wise place to upload WIPs - I think you'd be looking for more-or-less completed music to post on there (much like R:TS or good ol' VGMix). If they post their WIPs on your site your going to get a flood of songs that are constantly uploaded and erased as the people get further into their music, costing you bandwidth at best (and cluttering the site terribly if the people don't take off older WIPs, at worst).

I'm glad you posted the site, though - I almost forgot about it :).

:/

Maybe I wasn't clear - I apologize. When I said "rated," I meant so that people on remixSite can rate the song and discuss it. I or the hosting company doesn't rate or censor songs in any way.

As to bandwidth issues, the site is far, far under its bandwidth allotment. I'm not worried about bandwidth. The reason that the details page should be referenced isn't to save bandwidth but rather to build a community. When toplists go live next week, for instance, there won't be much use for them if nobody has rated songs. For now, post as many songs as you can, and yes, you have full control and can permanently delete the files if you choose.

So in short, don't worry about the bandwidth or the possible deletion issues. If they become a problem, I'll deal with them when the time comes :)

Maybe I wasn't clear - I apologize. When I said "rated," I meant so that people on remixSite can rate the song and discuss it. I or the hosting company doesn't rate or censor songs in any way.

As to bandwidth issues, the site is far, far under its bandwidth allotment. I'm not worried about bandwidth. The reason that the details page should be referenced isn't to save bandwidth but rather to build a community. When toplists go live next week, for instance, there won't be much use for them if nobody has rated songs. For now, post as many songs as you can, and yes, you have full control and can permanently delete the files if you choose.

So in short, don't worry about the bandwidth or the possible deletion issues. If they become a problem, I'll deal with them when the time comes :)

Regardless, you shouldn't have to let those people discuss your song if you don't want to. If you want to host the file, you should go to a place where people are going to critique it (there's really no point anyways. You're not even there for the critique).

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MyDataNest

http://www.mdn.fm/

Free registration (paid options available), which gets you:

50MB upload limit.

2GB space.

10GB monthly bandwidth.

Custom folders.

Direct links to both files (that's right, no download pages here) and entire folders.

I use this for large images as well (since Photobucket has a 1MB limit). Also, I have no idea if they delete stuff due to inactivity, but since they don't mention anything about it (that I could find) I assume they don't.

Wonderful site. :D

• 1 month later...
I know WillRock uses Mediafire for most of his uploads, including wavs. Still, a wav is about ten times the size it needs to be for most listening, and thus takes ten times as long to upload and download.

Use mp3. :D

Speaking of mediafire, since hearing about how Facebook owns everything you put on their website I've been keeping a closer eye on the terms of service for hosting websites. Don't put any music up without reading them.

From MediaFire's terms:

"You grant, transfer and assign to MediaFire and its successors, assigns and licensees, FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of enabling us to make your Content available through the Service, a fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to publish, distribute, reproduce, transmit, use, translate and archive the Content. "