Beijing 2008

Malaki-LEGEND.sys

All that after the French dude kept saying "We came here to smash the Americans" and shit.

And then when the US raped them at the end, the French TV announcer said "he won by a mere fingertouch. It means nothing."

Seriously, fuck every French person on the planet for that shit. Talk about poor sports.

In Sydney, wasn't one of the US relay teams saying they were going to "play the Australians like guitars," and then Thorpe and his team left them in a trail of bubbles?

Missed the volleyball tourney completely, I watched some of it last time, was pretty awesome. Have to admit, I do enjoy watchin the ladies play, wink wink...

God, Im such a pig...

Women's beach volleyball > normal women's volleyball.

I missed today's competition, as well as yesterdays. Anything exciting?

That's... terrible. That's so bad I wondered if it was some kind of over-the-top parody at first.

...ew.

And that fast, the video's no longer available. I did see a trimmed down version though.

It happens so fast at full speed, I couldn't tell just what took place. At first, I thought he dislocated his shoulder or something. Then they showed the slow motion footage from behind him. Just... ow.

In Sydney, wasn't one of the US relay teams saying they were going to "play the Australians like guitars," and then Thorpe and his team left them in a trail of bubbles?

Yeah then they all got out of the water and started playing air guitar, that was an awesome memory.

Oh and while the US men's teams are pretty much dominating now, I gotta mention the Aussie women's 200m freestyle team. That was an awesome win today. I thought the US and China were going to come back but we held in there.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/writers/selena_roberts/08/13/china.gymnasts/?bcnn=yes

Looks like China's been using underage gymnasts. If this is true, they need to be immediately DQ'd.

This should have been thoroughly checked when the athletes were registered. Fake passports my ass.

If they had been using drugs this wouldn't be a controversy, it would have been a DQ report. Why isn't this a DQ report but a controversy? Audit them. Confirm the validity of the accusations then take the appropriate action.

Yeah. It doesn't seem likely any of those girls are "16 years or older". You can tell most of them are probably 12-13 year olds. They have an innate advantage over the older competition.

Pssshhh... he couldn't even stick the landing. It's a simple ragdoll sideways tumble with a quarter twist. C'MON!

I'm pretty certain those gymnastics are way more difficult than they let on. If you ever watch them on a regular basis, they always have a major tumble or two. It's just that it's the Olympics and people are actually watching. Also, grip seems to be the biggest factor and not even the actual twisting or flying. I'm actually surprised they don't slip more.

damn...

both venus and serena got eliminated

hope they tear it up in the doubles...

I'm surprised Serena lasted as long as she did. She looked noticeably heavier. She's never been a svelte woman, but...

Anyway, the judging inconsistency seems to be continuing (in favor of the Chinese gymnasts more often than not from what I've seen). Other countries make small mistakes, and they lose a full point off of their score. The Chinese make similar (and sometimes more as we've seen tonight) mistakes, and they lose less in the way of points. The commentators have been left wondering "WTF?" a number of times just tonight.

Granted, the floor exercises seem to be judged well enough, but stuff like the pommel horse, uneven bars, vault, and balance beam have seen some pretty strange judging calls made over the entire gymnastics program.

Anyway, the judging inconsistency seems to be continuing (in favor of the Chinese gymnasts more often than not from what I've seen). Other countries make small mistakes, and they lose a full point off of their score. The Chinese make similar (and sometimes more as we've seen tonight) mistakes, and they lose less in the way of points. The commentators have been left wondering "WTF?" a number of times just tonight.

Granted, the floor exercises seem to be judged well enough, but stuff like the pommel horse, uneven bars, vault, and balance beam have seen some pretty strange judging calls made over the entire gymnastics program.

Yeah srsly wtf?

Nastia just beat the crap out of everyone though.

<3

I hope Shawn gets silver. 1 - 2 comeon.

EDIT: Hell yes they did it. USA.

Phelp's diet is way more impressive.

On another note, I'm a bit disappointed that Phelp's biggest Korean/Japanese rivals are basically doing their own things in other events. They only came across eachother a handful of times this Olympics. And Phelps even lost pretty handily in a few other prelims by them too.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=91837

There is no doubt he packs away a ton of food, but it is unlikely that he actually eats that many calories a day, an expert believes. University of Pittsburgh Director of Sports Nutrition Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, says eating 10,000 calories a day is almost impossible. "To consume 10,000 calories a day, he would need to be eating all day long."

Bonci estimates that to support his 6-foot-4-inch, approximately 190-pound frame, Phelps' rigorous training regime requires roughly 1,000 calories per hour while he is racing or training; she suggests he probably eats closer to 6,000 calories per day.