Animation project - SMB - Bowzer's Revenge

Super Mario Bros.

Bowser's Revenge

So I want to start this animation project (using flash) about another Super Mario adventure where Bowser takes revenge on the Mario bros. Unfortunately, I'm going to need some help...

see, I'm not much good with storylines, and voice acting isn't one of my strong suits... I guess I'm asking you if anyone would be interested in collabing to make this animation happen. It's non-profit, but it's mainly for animation practice for me and entertainment for you guys. Let me know if you're interested!

Please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'll start making a list of participants as well as progress reports.

Voice acting:

The main character of the series is Luigi. So a really good Luigi voice actor is needed. Chances are though, if you can do Luigi, Mario is the same voice but at a slightly higher pitch. Peach could be done by anyone I think, if you can get your voice that high... Chances are that a human of the female gender might want to partake in that, although I'm not picky...

I'll also need some original voice acting as well. These will be used for Toads, mages, Bowser's "children", and some original characters.

------------------------

Character design:*

Not really needed, but it would be a plus for sprite designers to come up with some original characters for the animation...

------------------------

Background design:*

Some original background design would create more of an original take.

------------------------

Story writing:

I have a basic story outline and matrix made. What I need is the finer points.

------------------------

Anything else you can think of besides:

Anything else is welcome with the exception of the animation itself. The whole point is for my practice and improvement. I don't want anyone to think "Oh, well he thinks he's all that, and that he thinks he needs no one's help". It's not true... But if I always have someone there to do it for me, I never learn. I will, however, always accept help from those with more Flash experience who have some advice and whatnot.

------------------------------------------------------

Progress

10.gif

1% Done.

--------------------------------

- So far what I have is the universal preloader for all animations I make of this series. I have a small bug to fix, but that should be it.

--------------------------------

If you have any interest of joining this project, you could use any of my extensive IM list above, PM, or just post here. I hope everyone enjoys the videos when they're released!

* This is not necessary as I should be able to do it. The extra help however could make the release of the episodes come much sooner.

Voice acting:

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowzer

Mages

Bowzer's Baddies

misc. characters

Story Writer

Bowzer drinks the legendary "Trigodmake" potion, a potion that makes you virtually invincible. He kidnaps Mario and Peach and once again it's up to the scardy-cat Luigi to rescue them. Unfortuantely, Bowzer is too powerful for Luigi, so Luigi must make a special remedy that involves a very rare shroom to get the strength he needs to defeat Bowzer once and for all.

Looking for more dramatics, but some comic stuff would be great too.

Are you looking for Charles Martinent Mario or Lou Albano Mario? I can do either, though I very much prefer the latter, although it really doesn't matter since I don't have much in the way of decent recording equipment. Why am I even posting.

Well, Charlie's voice is kinda the standard nowadays...

Oh, before I forget to mention, this is going to be a sprite animation using the sprites mostly from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. So, before I start receiving hate mail, I just want to mention that I'm still a bit new at Flash, and it makes perfect practice material.

Sadly, I got really sick a few weeks ago and my voice still hasn't come back fully (which is really pissing me off by the way). I can do a pretty mean Luigi and Mario, and a fairly good Wario and Waluigi as well. That is, when my voice is not all screwed up like it is. I'd give you some samples otherwise.

I promise nothing, but I'd like to stretch my fiction-writing wings a little here.

How long do you want the entire series of animations to be in terms of number of videos and minutes per video?

By the way, it's "Bowser" with an S. Don't want this thing to turn out great only to have it passed over as not serious because the title is misspelled.

samples are always good! As far as video length and what not, I was hoping at least 30-40 10 minute animations. Enough for the series to be completely in depth.

I was also hoping to give Mario and Luigi waaay more dialog than what they normally get.

Thanks for the spell check, I'll need to change that before it's too late...

You may want to combine this initiative with something else that was going on. Can't remember the links, but it was a more realistic rendition of the characters and enemies. I know that's not what you had in mind, but a significant amount of work has already been done on it, and you could combine your story with what they've already got.

This and 'I Mario' don't have very much in common. I'd be surprised if you could mesh them together somehow.

Just saying he can take some elements from it if it helps work out the animation. I doubt he would want to go all ultra-realistic, however there are some concepts that were created in the I, Mario project where it could work with the animation if he chooses to. :)!!