Has anyone given up on duke nukem forever?

cfG-21

What else did you think I meant?

I still have an old pc with win 95 installed in my attic that I keep around for stuff like that.

I think it'd be petty cool if they brought back Proton as a surprise cameo in DNF, myself.

Just checking to make sure.

Some people seem to think that 3D was the first.

Duke Nukem? Who's that?

...But seriously, I never played a Nukem game (having parents that actually did what parents should and kept the violent games out of my hands as a kid) and don't think the release (which WILL come) can prompt me to pick one up. Yeah, I probably missed a huge chunk of gaming culture, but the things I've heard about it make it sound on par with games like GTA.

Please don't flame me. :(

My point is, the things that Nukem is known for may have permeated the game culture so much so now that they don't make a blip on the radar. Haven't some Duke Nukem games come out in the past few years (Zero Hour springs to mind)? Why aren't people getting all giggly over those?

Duke Nukem? Who's that?

...But seriously, I never played a Nukem game (having parents that actually did what parents should and kept the violent games out of my hands as a kid) and don't think the release (which WILL come) can prompt me to pick one up. Yeah, I probably missed a huge chunk of gaming culture, but the things I've heard about it make it sound on par with games like GTA.

Please don't flame me. :(

My point is, the things that Nukem is known for may have permeated the game culture so much so now that they don't make a blip on the radar. Haven't some Duke Nukem games come out in the past few years (Zero Hour springs to mind)? Why aren't people getting all giggly over those?

I won't flame you. But please don't ever post anything like that, ever again. You make my brain hurt.

Killer7 was probably my favorite game out of last gen, no joke.

Sometimes violence and sex can be handled in a way that isn't totally boring run of the mill exploitation.

Sometimes there's out of the ordinary exploitation!

Duke Nukem 3D was kinda cheesy and... well, a lot of the appeal was due to the fact that it had a spin on sex and violence. I believe the rest of the appeal lied somewhere between the kickass arsenal and the jetpack.

The one-liners definitely helped.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso

• 1 month later...

I remember a statement Shigeru Miyamoto (SP?) made on delayed games. He stated that a delayed game would be much better than a game that was rushed.

If his theory is right, then DNF better well be the best damn game of all time in terms of gameplay, player-character interactivity, and innovation.

Of course, Miyamoto's theory was about Brawl and that game, although great, wasn't really all that.

Darn... I really should see this movie. Always wanted to. Just the kind of stuff my twisted mind finds totally AWESOME. Well, maybe some day..

NiceSubliminal.jpg

Anyway, I never played the first couple of Duke games, but I've played 3D quite a bit on the Saturn, and later, PC. I enjoyed it. Hopefully ol' "Forever" will, at the very least, be a competent FPS with the same personality and P.C.-giving finger that the series is known for.

Oh, and the fact that they got Jon St. John back after all this time was pretty cool.