5th song = maybe something from an arrangement album

6th song = again, somethin from an arrangement album

7th song = BubbleMan(wantstoget)FunkedUp

(skipping invincibility; that's a straight game rip

8th song = sounds like another arrangement album

9th song = Type A from SSBB

10th song = another arrangement album

11th song = UNTS UNTS UNTS UNTS

Obviously we need to fill in the gaps, but three of those are definately from OCR.

I posted a video for this game a long time ago. I got flamed pretty hard for no good reason. But now this game has neared platforming perfection. It's a sight to behold. If you're a human being, and you like playing videogames in general. you NEED to play this, if you haven't already.

The fact that they use OCremixes for stages makes it all the better.

1st Song = BlueLightning

2nd Song = Needles

3rd Song = can't hear over sound effects; sounds like original VG track

4th Song = Wood Man remix; doesn't sound like something from OCR

5th song = maybe something from an arrangement album

6th song = again, somethin from an arrangement album

7th song = BubbleMan(wantstoget)FunkedUp

(skipping invincibility; that's a straight game rip

8th song = sounds like another arrangement album

9th song = Type A from SSBB

10th song = another arrangement album

11th song = UNTS UNTS UNTS UNTS

Obviously we need to fill in the gaps, but three of those are definately from OCR.

The 8th song, If you mean the stage where sonic is going against the Mario world baddies, sounds like it's from the original Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSX. Well more or less from the arrangement CDs that came out for it some time ago.

The 8th song, If you mean the stage where sonic is going against the Mario world baddies, sounds like it's from the original Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSX. Well more or less from the arrangement CDs that came out for it some time ago.

My video game music knowledge isn't the greatest, so that list may as well say "random video game" where I said arrangement album :tomatoface:

I posted a video for this game a long time ago. I got flamed pretty hard for no good reason.

You got flamed for being JCvgluvr. The game had nothing to do with it. :<

EDIT: I just realized, after going through the wiki, that I had this almost exact same idea way back in the 90s. I wanted to have Mario, Mega Man and Kirby (each with their respective powers and items) in a side-scrolling platformer, fighting their various enemies together.

I didn't even remember until now. Wow. I wonder how things would have been if I had kept working on that idea years later. I might have even been some sort of contributing member of this project.

EDIT: I just realized, after going through the wiki, that I had this almost exact same idea way back in the 90s. I wanted to have Mario, Mega Man and Kirby (each with their respective powers and items) in a side-scrolling platformer, fighting their various enemies together.

Subspace Emissary? I mean, Samus might as well be Mega Man in an orange suit.

It's back! >_>

Okay, so edit time:

Looks like they fixed up the movement underwater, which is nice. I still worry that there are going to be too many diverse elements in this game, but since I do not know anything about the backstory (if any) or the sheer amount of crossover craziness going on, I reserve further judgement. So is there a planned release date for this monster, because it seems like they've been adding a lot of stuff since the last time I played?

And the song playing on the 8th scene is neither an arrangement, nor FFT. It's from FF12, and if my memory serves, Giza Plains specifically.

I'm pretty sure you weren't alone in this. As a youngster I always thought it would be the coolest thing in the world to have a Mario and Sonic side scroller.

So is there a planned release date for this monster, because it seems like they've been adding a lot of stuff since the last time I played?

Depending on the last time you played, yeah, there's a toooon of new stuff! There's no set release date. The MKF team does release dates Valve style (i.e. doesn't give release dates.). They're done when they're done. But they give out Beta releases periodically, and so far, the latest one has a whole bunch of levels, and 4 characters.

In anycase, this game looks cool. I'm waiting for them to add Link to the gameplay, myself. Soon as that happens, I'm downloading this stuff.

In case you didn't know, he's one of the playable characters, complete with a Zero Suit from Mega Man X, and an Arbiter Suit from Halo!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

To address your concerns about credits to the OCRemixers, yes, we give credit to all remixers whose music we use in the game. Most of it is in the documentation in the game itself. Also, the mp3 files themselves retain the ID3 tags.

This has evolved far beyond just a Mario game with enemies from other games. It's now its own style. Many of the non-Mario levels will have their own look (i.e. no standard ? blocks or bricks or coins, but they will be reskinned to fit their environment better).

It will also have a deep plot that will explain why Mario and company are traveling around in Dr. Wily's castle, in Hell, and in the Halo world. The plot is one of the most closely guarded aspects of the project. That is why to many outsiders, it looks weird seeing Mario and Samus and Sonic together in one game.

Finally, in the video, here's the full music listing in chronological order:

1. Mega Man 3 "Needles" OCRemix (Dale North, Mustin, Nate Cloud, NyKad)

2. Needleman Remix by Gerald Kaye, used with permission

3. Woodman remix (Screw Attack)

4. Skullman remix (PHOENIX Project)

5. Gutsman Stage MelodiusHardRock (PHOENIX PROJECT)

6. Mega Man 2 BubbleManWantsToGetFunkedUp OCRemix (Disco Dan)

7. Ozmone Plain (Final Fantasy XII)

8. Tetris Type A (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

9. SMB1 Castle - SSBM Version - MIDI File sequenced by Zagro

10. Crimson Gaze (Raiden Fighters 2)

I also put this listing in the YouTube video description. I apologize for any inconvenience because the annotations did not show up outside of YouTube.