Game Music book

Asterism

Hey guys, been lurking on ocr for ages, never got into the forums. I produce a local zine called amiga zine. A zine about old school video game music. Its made in a square poster format folded down into a four by four, each being a page. Photocopied and screenprinted. With an attached cd in the middle. Anyway, cut to the chase. I'm now making a book for a uni project, based of simliar motive to explore nostalgic game music. Its 30 pages, in a scale of a sega genisis cart. I'm slowly putting everything together.

I was hoping to post progress along the way, getting feedback from you guys. I'm working on some spreads for streets of rage, for my own nostalgic reasons and the music is fantastic. What do you think are my chances of getting some remixes together to make a cd for the back of the book.

What me to post some pictures of some issues from the zine?

Thanks everyone.

Hey guys, been lurking on ocr for ages, never got into the forums. I produce a local zine called amiga zine. A zine about old school video game music. Its made in a square poster format folded down into a four by four, each being a page. Photocopied and screenprinted. With an attached cd in the middle. Anyway, cut to the chase. I'm now making a book for a uni project, based of simliar motive to explore nostalgic game music. Its 30 pages, in a scale of a sega genisis cart. I'm slowly putting everything together.

I was hoping to post progress along the way, getting feedback from you guys. I'm working on some spreads for streets of rage, for my own nostalgic reasons and the music is fantastic. What do you think are my chances of getting some remixes together to make a cd for the back of the book.

What me to post some pictures of some issues from the zine?

Thanks everyone.

sounds cool! poast away

Im interested to see exactly what you would out in a zine about videogme music. I mean, its kind of a narrow subject.

Totally agree, but that's why the format is a zine not a full magazine. It sells for 1$ to cover costs for cd and printing. Its starting to pick up, it will be in a few stores / bars soon. I dont expect or want it to be big, but there are is an older generation that moved on from sega, nes, snes etc. Hopefully I can reel them back.

If you can get tefnek to give you "Drop and Roll" for the CD you're putting in, you're pretty much guaranteed success.

Hell yeah, I love that mix, one of my favorites. I'll put him on the 'to contact' list.

Here is first and second issue, working on the third now.

2nqs753.jpg

k1ypaq.jpg

1z3atyc.jpg

33to6yt.jpg

Those look quite good, actually.

It'd be quite cool if you could get a good few of them and take them to a market somewhere. You could find a niche market somewhere and maybe word will spread around about it and you could maybe get requests for special issues or something. Either way, if i seen a market stand full of these for all different games, I'd stop and have a look at them anyway.

dy591x.jpg

A call for stories: I'm after any interesting stories about SNES video games and their music, something nostalgic, something about the composition, how it worked with the game, something funny, etc. As much as you want, Post in here or PM me.

Another call is for photographs, of people playing the snes, either as young kid or old kid. Qualitiy is no big deal, but bigger the photographs the better. Hopefully, I'll be using both the dialouge and photographs together, I was thinking of screenprinted a poster to say thanks to anyone who contributes. What would people like?

And thanks jayc, the format of the zine is going to change, something a bit bigger to hold more infomation. I dont want the book to be anything like the zine athestically.