Questions about making a project

Richard

If I wanted to make a project, would I have to contribute to it, or can I just organize it and tell the remixers what I would like in it? Because I'm thinking of starting a project, but since I don't have the software/know how to remix, I was planning on just organizing it, finding remixers, and telling them what I expect and help them through with my vision of the project.

Also, would I have to pay for the website that houses the information, or would OC ReMix cover the expense?

I don't believe project leaders strictly have to contribute tracks to the project, although many do. Your big problem is that no one knows who you are. You have a grand total of 6 posts, so unless you've been hanging around the IRC channel *a lot* and have become very close with a large number of remixers, no one is going to take you seriously.

There's also a large number of ongoing projects right now led by people who are well-established in the OCRemix community, some of which need more remixers to step up. Anyone who wants to contribute is going to go that route before the hop on board an unknown project.

Projects are supposed to benefit the community, not just be a way for an individual to get some tracks out of established remixers that are tailored to the individual's liking. Until you've been around long enough and contributed enough to prove otherwise (whether being heavily involved in the forums, by getting some of your own mixes posted, or helping out the site in other ways), no one's going to see your project proposal as anything else besides a "help me get what I want" effort, which isn't very conducive to getting mixers to help you out.

The project would benefit the community; it's not just "I want an album all for me!" I want to make this project because I've seen a number of people asking for it and I haven't seen anyone making any effort to start it so I'm thinking of starting it. I know I've been waiting a long time for it to happen...

Anyway, I see what you mean. I guess I'll hold it off then and hope someone else step up one day then.

The project would benefit the community; it's not just "I want an album all for me!" I want to make this project because I've seen a number of people asking for it and I haven't seen anyone making any effort to start it so I'm thinking of starting it. I know I've been waiting a long time for it to happen...

Anyway, I see what you mean. I guess I'll hold it off then and hope someone else step up one day then.

Fair enough; I've just seen people post a request for songs from game X in style Y and when no one pays attention to them, they try to start a project to get songs from game X in style Y. Of course *any* project benefits the community (as long as the music produced is at the quality level OCRemix expects, of course), but for some people, the benefit to them is quite obvious.

If this is a project that's been suggested before, there's probably a good reason why it hasn't been done (probably too many people committed to other existing projects). Out of curiosity, what were you thinking of doing?

Not all requests are taken, and that are only single tracks. Why don't you get yourself a FLStudio and try to remix. Then built up a small reputation and then maybe there will be some interest.

I know it sounds not stimulating, but making an album isn't an easy job. Check the past albums and the time they took. Also pay attention to the names from the leaders, they are all well-known remixers.

Not all requests are taken, and that are only single tracks. Why don't you get yourself a FLStudio and try to remix. Then built up a small reputation and then maybe there will be some interest.

I know it sounds not stimulating, but making an album isn't an easy job. Check the past albums and the time they took. Also pay attention to the names from the leaders, they are all well-known remixers.

QFT. I maybe be relatively unknown around here, but I have downloaded several of the albums and many tracks. I got FLStudio and am messing around with it (I'm working on a StarTropics boss remix, actually; it sucks though so I want to refine it before I post it). The best way to learn is through trial-and-error, and that is mainly how I'm learning to use FLStudio.

And the album leaders are quite well known. Look them up in the quick search; they'll usually have quite a list of tracks to their names.

The whole reason I started to remix was because nobody ever did requests. I said to myself "nobody's going to do whatever I want for me," so I decided to try remixing myself.

Now I would consider myself to be a moderately ok remixer, and I don't have to rely on the whims of others. Mahaha.

But yeah, becoming well-known and respected in the community is another option, if all you want to do is organize a project.

And the album leaders are quite well known. Look them up in the quick search; they'll usually have quite a list of tracks to their names.

lol, when I became the super mario 64 project leader, I had no remixes on ocr, and I wasn't a judge.

I was just a project whore, I joined every project under the sun and so the kind of people who like to join projects knew who I was.

over the years ive thrown around the possibilty of starting a few different projects but because the staff dont really like me all that much and that there are so many projects going on i never started one

most recent ideas have been gitaroo man project or accoustic only phoenix wright project