Anyone here like fusion?

gamermcchester

Just curious if anyone likes fusion. Groups and artists like...

Weather Report

Tribal Tech

Return To Forever

Elektric Band

CAB

Mahavishnu Orchestra

Karizma

Bassists:

Jaco Pastorious

Matt Garrison

Gary Willis

Victor Bailey

Victor Wooten

Hadrien Feraud

Marcus Miller

Christian McBride

Tom Kennedy

Guitarists:

Allan Holdsworth

Greg Howe

Tony MacAlpine

Scott Henderson

John McLaughlin

Keyboards:

Scott Kinsey

Jim Beard

Otmaro Ruiz

Jan Hammer

Alan Pasqua

Chick Corea

Geoff Keezer

Jeff Babko

Steve Weingart

Joe Zawinul

Drummers:

Dennis Chambers

Omar Hakim

Dave Weckl

Vinnie Colaiuta

Ron Bruner Jr.

Damien Schmidt

Anyone here familiar with this stuff? I'm looking for remixers that sound kina fusiony... Just wondering if anyone else likes it.

Metroid Fusion was a great revival of the 2D Metroid saga and very healthily extended the Metroid timeline beyond the Super Metroid masterpiece. In fact story is Metroid Fusion's is imho its strongest point and I couldn't be happier with the direction and development Metroid Fusion had. Otherwise, its difficulty was well set, perhaps the best of all of the 2D metroids, the various additions to and returns to of the 2D Metroid gameplay were mostly perfect, and its largest faults were the forced debriefing sequences holding up the game on repeated playthroughs and being trapped onboard a space station than the much more enchanting subterranean and alien atmosphere all previous Metroid games had provided, which was somewhat had to do with the fact it was graphically less pretty than Super Metroid just before it, which is a hard previous title to match.

I dunno how we started talking about metroid and stuff but that's cool... And yes I realize that "fusion" is a broad genre term, that's why I was looking for people who liked people in the list that I compiled... In the meantime I found this website that sounds like it's gonna be pretty good once it's out... www.retroremixrevue.com

All right then, how about a desparate, misguided, futile attempt to throw the thread back on track?

I'm not as well-versed in the genre as you apparently are, but I certainly enjoy Return to Forever and Weather Report, and I'd add electric violinist Jean-Luc Ponty to your list.

...Also, VMWare Fusion is great. Nothing wrong with running Windows stuff on an iMac (which I bought mainly for Logic Studio), it's a good machine for some situations. Wait a minute - crap, I derailed the thread again!

Romantic Warrior is easily my favourite fusion album. When I saw Return to Forever in concert at the end of June, they played half the album, and those were the best tracks.

I also love Joe Zawinul, both with Weather Report but even more with the Zawinul Syndicate. Taking the brief glimpses of world music from Weather Report's music and expanding on them in his work with the Syndicate produced what I think is his best music, as well as introducing players like Richard Bona to North American audiences. As a keyboard player, my two biggest musical role models are Jordan Rudess from Dream Theatre and Zawinul.