Retro Remix Revue (New Album Coming Soon)

gamermcchester

What I'm trying to say is...contacting the composer vs. contacting the company the composer works under...which is easier?

For the Pirates of the Caribbean remix that I did on my album, I contacted Disney to set up the licensing issues. It was relatively "easy," actually. They drew up the contract and sent it to me, I signed two copies and sent it back with a check. Contacting Klaus Badelt (or Zimmer) probably wouldn't have gotten me anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the album last night off of iTunes. Crazy long post of speculation aside, after listening to the album, I'm digging it a lot. Definitely worth checking out. Personally, I don't think the samples do the tracks complete justice. I was very surprised with the musicianship, but then I checked out some of the dudes who are on the tracks, and it explained a lot. Don't think it's been out too long cause they haven't even updated the news on their website.

ANYWAY... I enjoyed it....

That's stupid, Scott. It's an issue of rights. I don't have the right to walk into your house and take your shit - we live in a civilized world. Taking YOUR MUSIC and selling it, even if I do things to it, is another form of stealing as far as I'm concerned. The fees for mechanical licenses are dirt cheap anyway, so there's no excuse aside from logistics. Morally, there's no defending it, sorry. Armcannon and Select Start DON'T deserve every cent, they didn't do all the work.

you make it sounds like-...like you walked up into his house stole his protools.

its from a video game, idiot.

• 6 months later...

Hrrrrrrm... I kind of glossed over the dramarama from the past few pages, and am almost hesitant to post now, but here goes.

I liked their clips, so I figured for $9 downloading the album would be worth a shot. And I like it! And I wanted to see if folks around here had heard of it! And yes they had! Oh had they. :)

• 3 months later...