PRC127: The heat is on... literally (Fire Emblem 7)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 127

PRCv5-23

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Do I have to start with recapping the previous contest every single week? Seriously - from this point on, PRC126 will strike me painfully in the back of my neck for weeks to come, most notably because of its poor turnout both on the mixing AND voting fronts, not to mention having a strong heart concerning the Crash Bandicoot series. I'm pretty sure I won't see Mutato Muzika in the same way for a long time thanks to this. -_-

But with that out of the way, setokaibarocket took the win, and anyone who ends up incorporating as many Windows references as possible in the space of just over two minutes gets massive props for otherwise lightening a grim situation.

Assumably these events have also resulted in him facing a change of plan from his original PC game choice. Much like I revisited the past, seto decided to revisit his by picking a source from the exact same series as what he picked for PRC114. But will his choice of this certain Nintendo RPG brand be a lot more successful than mine?

prc127.png

Outside Japan this GBA game was simply called Fire Emblem since it was the first one of the series released outside there, whereas in Japan it was called Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken, lit. Fire Emblem Blazing Sword. I think it's best just to call it Fire Emblem 7 since I don't want to confuse people with Fire Emblem for NES, and I also don't want to confuse fellow non-Japanese remixers.

Anyways, the song I've chosen, A Knight's Oath, is played when the general Wallace joins your team in Lyn's Campaign. It's a fairly short song, but I personally think it's catchy and cool and could spawn some very good remixes. By the way, this song was also in Fire Emblem 1 for NES actually, although it was a much simpler version. Enjoy! =D

Fire Emblem (Rekka No Ken) - A Knight's Oath

MIDI | MP3

Thinking of it this way, Nintendo-based products were complete winners during the middle of the PRC season, so we might be onto something with this one. I see plenty of room for multiple adaptations on this one, but what would you think about it? Either way...

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, August 23rd at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifee, and we'll help you out.

Well, it's been about 40 PRCs since I've even attempted to work on a project(and 104 since I've submitted one >_>), I figure it's as good a time as any to get back in...though I wish there was more to work with here. XD

Got about 1:00 worth of BGish music, trying to see if I can get it a bit more active from there on out. If I don't find a good beat to bring in I'll leave it at that.

Well, it's been about 40 PRCs since I've even attempted to work on a project(and 104 since I've submitted one >_>), I figure it's as good a time as any to get back in...though I wish there was more to work with here. XD

Got about 1:00 worth of BGish music, trying to see if I can get it a bit more active from there on out. If I don't find a good beat to bring in I'll leave it at that.

104, that's exactly four years (104 = 4*26). Great moment to come back.

My track isn't going very well at the moment and since I don't have many time, I'll probably submit it tomorrow.

Good luck to all (go for it).

104, that's exactly four years (104 = 4*26). Great moment to come back.

Huh, you're right...I didn't even think about that. XD Nice catch

EDIT: I put up my current WIP...couldn't figure out a solid way to speed it up to my satisfaction, so I left it as it was. Might revisit it later today or tomorrow if something strikes me(going to go through my music to find some inspiration), but for now it's my final submission

Bwuahaha! Oh... man.

I'd gone through the entries, pressing play, then pause, to load them up all in one go... only I forgot to pause "Gangsta Knight" and I'd left "Solemn Oath" going... didn't realise it 'til halfway through. It's a real treat, listening to them together like that, though.

And I'm sorry for not being available for the last one. If I'd had the time, I would've joined in... alas. Alas.

Not to be nasty or anything, but you SHOULD have taken part. I swear, if I ever partake in a PRC in the future, I won't rest until I actually give *justice* to the Crash series.

Stupid two participants... stupid two voters too... :(

Trying to shove it aside, the mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun! Go to the ThaSauce link, pick three entries out of the legibles and order them from first to third with a reasoning attached. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will automatically gain 3 points upon doing so. Make sure you have impressed setokaibarocket, as his vote will count twice for this round. You have until Tuesday, August 26th at 11:59am EDT to cast your vote. The winner will get to choose the source material for PRC128!

Eligibles

Binweasel - Steel on the Skyline

bundeslang - The Heat is Off

Tevin Illithane - Solemn Oath

Xenon Odyssey - Gangsta Knight

Inelligible

Siamey - being for the benefit of mr Knight

Huh, you're right...I didn't even think about that. XD Nice catch

EDIT: I put up my current WIP...couldn't figure out a solid way to speed it up to my satisfaction, so I left it as it was. Might revisit it later today or tomorrow if something strikes me(going to go through my music to find some inspiration), but for now it's my final submission

Which username did you use, I can't find it in the database. Only in the Anime Remix Contest, round 5.

Good luck everyone, let the best song win. Don't forget to not vote for the inelligible entries (yes, I had too look three times to know how to write that).

I guess you vote by sending Rexy a PM with your 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite mix? There's no voting instructions in the posts. :) That or I'm reading impaired and can't find them.

--Eino

You should vote at http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC127

If you login (I think you need a ThaSauce account to do that) then you can scroll down at this page and then you see how to vote.

Which username did you use, I can't find it in the database. Only in the Anime Remix Contest, round 5.

Oh, about how yours reminded me of an old APRC remix? I can't remember which number it was, but the song was "Maze" from the Noir OST. My mix sucked so badly on that one(I was just messing around with the lyrics rather than the music...what can I say, I didn't know what I was doing XD)...but I'm thinking it was Overcoat that had made the mix that I was thinking of. Not sure, though, as that was *years* ago. *laughs*

And it does appear that voting has ended for this round. Congrats to Binoweasel and XenonOdyssey for tying in first! =)

And it does appear that voting has ended for this round. Congrats to Binoweasel and XenonOdyssey for tying in first! =)

Tying first place and tying third place. I didn't see that coming. Pick a nice source (whoever will, I don't know the rules for that exactly) so the next round will be nice, maybe with four persons on first place or something like that. See you all next week.

Actually, you'll be surprised over the votes. I forgot to apply the bonuses from the voters and the previous competition winner, and with that in account, I'm actually ready to provide the results.

So, here we go. Quite a better turnout from last time... now why couldn't you do this for PRC126? >.>

Total number of votes - 8

Total number of mixes - 4

Highest possible score - 24

bundeslang is left to go home with a last place wooden spoon worth 10 points.

Tevin-Illithane wasn't far off with third place, scoring 11 points.

Xenon Odyssey jumped the gun and tripped through to second place with 19 points.

And the winner of PRC127 is Binweasel with 20 points!

Sorry Bobby, but you just lost out. :(

Binweasel, congratulations on your first PRC win! I knew I thought I'd see something come around after what you provided with the Robowarrior PRC, and to see you provide something developed from such a short source tune shows that you might become a promising asset yet.

So, it's up to you to pick PRC128's source tune. Remember the core rule - the song must be one that hasn't been covered on OCR before. So, it can mean a tune from a popular game (Kirby's Dream Land - Float Islands) or a tune from something that has otherwise been undercovered (most of the Kirby 64 soundtrack), though songs previously heard through site projects (Kirby's Adventure - Butter Building) still count. I'm excited to hear from you.

I'll meet you on Friday for PRC128. If you're not there, then you'd better have a good explanation for it. ;)