Nostalgeo no Kaze

DarkeSword

Found this on InsertCredit:

http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/nostalgeo/index.html

It looks like a really fun RPG for DS. It's developed by the same folks that did the Final Fantnasy III and IV DS games, and it's got kind of a Skies-of-Arcadia-mixed-with-Indiana-Jones vibe to it. Apparently it's going to include airship battles in addition to the regular character battles. The character designs also have that old-school adventure anime look to them which is nice.

And I've gotta say, that song on the website is pretty great.

Looks to have potential, I wonder how the battle system plays out. Also fuck yes London. Those 3D models are very well made for a DS game, I certainly like the main character's model. Edei (Eddie?) is a pretty weird name for a main character, but can't fault him being English :P.

Wonder if it's gonna be called Winds of Nostalgeo here in the west, I hope it even DOES come out in the West.

The theme music is good and it looks like fun but one thing bothers me.

I realize that they want to make it cool and have it's own twist on the world, but I hope that they replace their make-believe "rune" letter system with actually readable letters. Even the site is impossible to navigate. :/

make-believe rune letter system? It's Katakana, an alphabet type of the Japanese language.

If anything it should make it EASIER since Katakana is used mainly for western words, the first word is "Warudo Ripoto" or "World Report" (makes little sense since that's a World Map and not a Report).

It's pretty easy to translate if you have something to base it on, you can use the following link for reference (but unfortunately does not show the dakuten and handakuten forms of some of the characters).

http://www.saiga-jp.com/img/character/japanese_language/hiragana_katakana_list.gif

Hope it helps.

make-believe rune letter system? It's Katakana, an alphabet type of the Japanese language.

If anything it should make it EASIER since Katakana is used mainly for western words, the first word is "Warudo Ripoto" or "World Report" (makes little sense since that's a World Map and not a Report).

It's pretty easy to translate if you have something to base it on, you can use the following link for reference (but unfortunately does not show the dakuten and handakuten forms of some of the characters).

http://www.saiga-jp.com/img/character/japanese_language/hiragana_katakana_list.gif

Hope it helps.

This might help you out Neonlare.

Apparently it's going to include airship battles in addi-
SOLD.

Back when I thought game design was easy and affordable, I had an idea for an turned-based airship battle RPG, on the GBA. I was supposed to be kind of like Advance wars, but using an grapgics engine sort of like the airship flying in FF6, but seriously updated.