Fantastic Contraption

Imagist

Some people are more creative than I am. A lot more.

Imagery, I'm going to hunt you down and kick your arse for this.

You've so far managed to steal close to TWO HOURS from me with this damn thing!

YESSSSSSSsssssss now that I've stolen it from you I have more time for myself

Here's a "solution" I found to "Up the Stairs". I'm willing to settle for this. http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=660120 Don't think it's gonna make it? PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED.

Nice, I just finally beat that level myself:

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=662193

Warning: might slow down your comp a lot, you may want to click the simple design button on the bottom left to speed things up.

Here's a "solution" I found to "Up the Stairs". I'm willing to settle for this. http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=660120 Don't think it's gonna make it? PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED.

This is a certified win. Much more interesting than my boring stair-climber car.

Nice, I just finally beat that level myself:

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=662193

Warning: might slow down your comp a lot, you may want to click the simple design button on the bottom left to speed things up.

I almost managed to complete level 20 with a catapult, but the projectile needed to drag a chain behind it, and that wasn't working out.

Here's what I did for "Up the Stairs". It's a catapult, like yours, Nutritious, but a lot simpler. I had a design earlier that had a cleaner win than this one, but I accidentally hit "To Menu" before I saved it... Oh well. The design is exactly the same.

As for exploding contraptions... yeah. Flash tends to do that. It's funny when it works out, but it annoys me to heck when it causes problems that shouldn't arise normally, like joints stretching apart. That problem specifically is the main reason I haven't beaten level 20 with a catapult yet; I did it with a triple kart the first time, and a ramp plus a kart the second time.

I'm a big fan of the powerful catapults. The first time around I did most of these with a messy "tank" like design(awash was really fun that way!) but later on I started getting better at catapult designs and now it's my preferred method by far, partly because a well design catapult can look so neat with so many parts and partly because it's usually the fastest way you can deliver the item to the goal.

I just spent the last hour trying to build a walker with two human like legs(was going to use it on the stairs for fun and for a test that it's "steps" were big enough to be considered more than a shuffle, my first stair completion took only like 6 parts and was boring), but it was taking too much power to move both legs at the same time and I ran out of room for spinners.

Here's what I did for "Up the Stairs". It's a catapult, like yours, Nutritious, but a lot simpler. I had a design earlier that had a cleaner win than this one, but I accidentally hit "To Menu" before I saved it... Oh well. The design is exactly the same.

Heh, much more efficient than mine. My catapult took forever to get working right.

That type of design seems to be the prevailing idea for most people. Not that I'm surprised, the concept is simple: plow through the balls by lifting them up and over the machine. I like yours because, unlike mine and a lot of others, yours doesn't use a CCW auto-rotating ball as the leading edge. Here's my take on it.

hahaha look he's swearing because he's not intelligent enough to do something again how cute

Naw i was at the junkyard and I didnt realize that I could attach sticks to the outside of the wheels. its always bullshit like that that gets me.

why does everyone here hate me where did i go wrong?