OCR01002 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'Light and Flakey'

djpretzel

Hi!

My remixer handle is Dj Siamey and my email address is mop_stop@hotmail.com

The first song that i would like to submit, is enitiled "Light and Flakey" and you can find it at

Its a (melodic trance-ish) remix of the song Buried in Snow from FF7

I hope it makes the cut =)

Please Email me about any problems regarding the song, or the syntax of the submission,

Thanks for your time, keep up the good work

- Dj Siamey

=-^^-=

And I'll remember step #6 "Have Patience" =)

i dont really have a whole lot to say about this mix. it sounds good, it stays interesting, although it doesnt escalate as much as it could, and i have no real complaints. except the ending. too sudden. there was really no decline. but i guess i better establish that i'm something of a drawn-out ending whore.

nice stuff. YES

• 3 weeks later...

These bells/synths in the opening sound a little flat for some reason.

**busts out tuner**

That reason would apparently be because they *are* a little flat. Not sure where you got your samples, but particularly if you just use free soundfonts or something you have to make sure the tuning is good- because amateur sample makers (and some pros unfortunately) are notorious for sloppy tuning.

Other than that there's not much to say here. In alot of ways this is just paint-by-numbers trance. Nothing terribly offensive or standout.

The tuning is barely noticable once the other instruments come in, and the piece basically sounds pretty solid as the other judges have already said.

Fairly enjoyable and nothing *too* screwed up so:

YES