New CD on the horizon.. drum and bass

zircon

I've been working on a new licensing project, commissioned by an employer who has graciously allowed me to sell the CD myself. Currently, it's untitled, but essentially it's a collection of drum and bass tracks covering a wide range of styles. Influences include LTJ Bukem, Photek, Pendulum, Subfocus, and a number of 90s DNB groups as well.

The album will be somewhere between EP and LP in length, probably clocking in at around 30-35 minutes with ten tracks. I'll post more as it nears completion and release. Chances are, I will have some sort of low-cost digital version, and perhaps a limited-run physical one as well, maybe even released through Protagonist Records, if sgx is cool with that. Anyway, check out the preview medley.

http://www.zirconstudios.com/music/wips/zircon%20-%20DNB%20Preview%20Medley.mp3

Feel free to post any thoughts, suggestions, and comments here. Also, if you are interested in getting the best deal on this for when it is released, I recommend signing up for my monthly/bi-monthly mailing list by sending an email with the subject "subscribe" to list (at) zirconstudios |DOT| com. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job Zircon, I'm definitely getting that circa late 1990's feel.

Just out of curiosity, ever experiment with the newer, darker sounds (a la Evol Intent, Counterstrike, Noisia, and those other boys)? Myself I land very much on the Dutch side of things, Black Sun Empire, Ohm Resistance label and such.

Cheers, let me know when physical copies are ready so I can budget some cash out of my checking (rest goes to car payments).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...