Sound Design Masters' Programs in NYC area

Shael Riley

minimodding and trolling all in one post

shael rarely comes around here but when he does i keep remembering how mad i was when he played shows in nyc but they were all 21+ shows and i was under 21 and didnt have a fake id

Hey. Sorry about that; all the venues in NYC are bars. I would play all all-ages shows if I could. I'm playing an all-ages show in Utica, New York, in October.

I went to SUNY Purchase for grad school in jazz performance, so I happen to know that they have a grad program in studio production, as well. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for. It's roughly a 45 minute drive from downtown Manhattan.

oh man, so you know todd coolman? He's the man. When were you there?

Also, I know NYU has some good music industry-related programs. Perhaps check that out?

I went to SUNY Purchase for grad school in jazz performance, so I happen to know that they have a grad program in studio production, as well. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for. It's roughly a 45 minute drive from downtown Manhattan.

It isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but that is good to know. Thank you for the tip.

• 1 month later...