Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 'Technodrome Elevator'

MojoHamster

Technodrome Elevator

Hi there :)

I'm just posting this initial recording of a couple of sections of this composition I'm working on, mainly to get some production feedback more than anything. Not from a stylistic point of view, basically I want to know if it's on the track to sounding good enough to be accepted.

Obviously it's going to need more development, variations, breaks and such.

I'd just kinda like to know if I pour some heart and soul into it, it'll stand a chance of getting on the site.

Usually, I just write music to please myself, but I have a seekrit ambition to one day have a remix on OCR that I'm fixin' to be fulfilling.

Disclaimer: The lead guitar track sounds a little out of time because I'm having some Full Duplex syncing issues with Cool Edit Pro 2 atm (may be time for a change).

No source link, no source comment.

Guitar tip: record everything twice, hard pan each recording opposite their twin. You'll get a lot of stereo width that way.

Guitars could be louder. Work with different compressors, try side-chaining, see what you can do to get more energy into it.

The writing and musical side of things is ok, imo, tho they could always be better. The mixing needs work. New drum samples and/or better drum production would be nice.

I'm gonna mention this wip on #ocrwip, there's some guitar remixers around. You might find it useful.

thanks for the comments, and I agree with everything that's been said.

I just recently purchased a Line 6 Pod and it's taking a bit of time to work towards the sound I want. I crave that sort of tone that cuts the sound spectrum like knife. Not too grainy, not too bassy, but just on the cusp of busting a speaker without losing audible quality.

There's 2 Rhythm guitar tracks at the moment. One is straight down the middle and the other is panned 100% right. The lead guitar I have on Left 25%.

Regarding the snare and the other guy's comments, finding a good drum soundfont has been a difficulty for me for a while. Most I download I find the volume is a bit off or you get a couple good samples, a couple bad. I've tried mixing and matching but often I get to that point of ear saturation where you can't tell what's good or bad anymore.

Seems like I will just have to keep trying and not give up on that score.

Thanks again everyone, appreciate your time.