Final Fantasy 8 'Blue Fields'

PianoCat5

So, I heard Blue Fields from Final Fantasy VIII again recently, and I had an idea for a sort of Jazz combo remix. I swung the rhythms and took some liberties, and the lead is a nice vibraphone sound I have. I've only done about the first 30 seconds so far, but I definitely intend to do more. Tell me what you guys think right now, okay? Enjoy!

eqqa

EDIT: Totally forgot to put a link to the source tune! My bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiMZVXEKwr0

Thanks for listening!

Long delays is hardly gonna make this sound authentic, use reverb instead. That's the only production crit I can come with atm. I'll wait until the wip is longer before commenting on progression and stuff, it's hard to judge something this short.

As for the source, I think it's in the green. I'm hearing both source an interpretation.

It's promising.

Long delays is hardly gonna make this sound authentic, use reverb instead. That's the only production crit I can come with atm. I'll wait until the wip is longer before commenting on progression and stuff, it's hard to judge something this short.

As for the source, I think it's in the green. I'm hearing both source an interpretation.

It's promising.

Thanks for the comments! I'll deal with the delays, but I'd like to know, do you think they work in the intro? I like the echoing sound there, but it does make sense to get rid of it otherwise. Thanks again for listening!

Makes for a nice intro, yeah. Keep 'em there, but once the drums, bass, the stuff gets going, they clutter up the sound and kill some of that jazz feel.

Indeed, I see what you mean. I'll post another WIP when I get more done, but it takes a while, since I have to input all the notes with a mouse. Thanks a bunch for your feedback!