Postal

halc

I'm sure at least several of you have played the game. I recently saw the live-action film adaptation directed by Uwe Boll and am impressed enough to say it's one of the best video game-to-film adaptations I've seen. It seems as if Boll had a vision for this film, as the game really becomes the movie. It's funny (lots of political and super-off-the-wall humor), ultra-violent (children are shot and killed on screen), stylish, satirical and controversial.

Has anyone else seen the movie? What do you think?

Why do people cite Wikipedia instead of the actual source? That's like tying a boat to another boat instead of a pier.

Because i had no idea what this movie (or game) was so i wiki searched it. The article about the game came up, which eventually led me to the article about the movie, and as i scrolled through it i saw that information.

It was a quick and easy way to find information about Postal.

This is one Boll movie I'm actually curious to see. Not because I think it'll be worth the rental fee, but because it seems like it's the type of movie that would be more up his alley. We know his attempts at making things serious in a game movie fall apart like a zombie's head in a shotgun blast, but perhaps an over the top dark humored flick with little care for plot or who it offends, might... MIGHT... be almost tolerable.

The thing about this movie is that it just feels like the video game. Even if the whole movie is just crazy, off-the-wall situations and violence, that makes it no different than that game, right? People who like the game will like the movie, and that never seems to be the case these days.

I don't really know.

On a side note, I personally hate Team America, but I think anyone who liked that movie would like Postal as well.