OCR00986 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Green Hill Zone (Euroclub '95 Mix)"

• 1 month later...

This song was definitely a great one to listen to. The build ups and emotion were well conveyed through the song. The background was so erie, and yet so appealing.

The lyrical aspects of the song that appeared seemed a bit unneceassary, though.

This is a great song though, and is definitely worth the download time to hear it.

88%. Great Job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Scatman John, Maxx, Haddaway and Eiffel65 all rolled into one with a bit of Sonic flavouring in there. This definitely exceeded my expectations. You can just imagine DJ Bobo MC'ing occasionally in this beauty. It's like a perfect mix of all the elements that made the 90's so great, yet it doesn't sound dated at all. The gated choir chords are subtle but satisfying, and the varied saw wave riffs and melodies take you right back. Even the newly written chord sequence is so European that it's scary. This song reminded me of how pleased I am that I live in England. Big up yourself, Rayza, I won't forget this one. 5/5.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This seems to be you at your absolute best! A labour of an incredibly deep love. And I LOVE IT!!!

This remix is absolutely brilliant!!! The re-interpretation of the melody is fantastic- not straying to far, yet at the same time, feeling like a natural progression into what could be a called a 'second verse' (for lack of a better desc. You know, when the singer starts the second verse, but the melody they are singing changes to build it up a bit.) I especially love the distant hi-synth line at 2:05, which soungs VERY SEGA of Japan-y to me (I'm a sucker for anything even REMOTELY 'SEGA of Japan'!!!). Also, the sub melody you have going on at 2:33, in which you use what sounds like the 'Sonic-Picks-Up-Rings' sound effect from the game; turning it into an instrument.

Incredibly clever.

The Euroclub sound is great- I'm definetely digging it.

Actually, I've played the song in the background while I was running the game emulation, and you'd be amazed how much faster Sonic seems to feel!!!

Great work mate- you've done the song, and composer proud. Hope to hear you on Avex one day...

• 4 weeks later...

Much has already been said. This is an excellent remix, bar none. Cool new take on the chord progression, effective, non-annoying samples; awesome sub-melody around 2:10, expansion of the main melody. Takes an easily cliched genre and inserts new life. As has been mentioned, the "rings" noise sample is above and beyond the call of duty. Kudos. 10/10

I've been going back to review my favorite songs lately, and this thread came up. yay.

A classic in my ears, and a must have for all sonic game and music fans alike. Seemlessly smooth euro mix with a creative use of the Ring SFX in the song. MY only gripe is the ending, but I've listened to it so many times, it is just natural. so i guess no prob than :wink:

• 5 months later...

Excellent. Ex-cel-lent!

I love this song. I'd in fact say it's the best Sonic remix I heard yet. I like everything from the beat to the sound effects and the thrown-in voices. I prefer this remix when concentrating hard on programming issues or just to relax..

Rating: 9 out of 10 (it's just too short ^^)

btw: My favorite parts are: 0:50, 1:07, 2:02, 2:33-2:50

• 3 months later...

Masterpiece. I _have_ to say it again, this remix is just awesome! Truly, the only negative point is that it's "only" 3:09 long - thus I need to listen to it twice or more each time :-)

Gotta love you for that one, Rayza ^^;

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was thinking more along the lines of clubmix than eurodance when I title and later on heard this remix. Although I live in Europe, I certainly don't know about this. What I do know is that this is good trance.

It has speed, good selection of beats and samples, and as DJP mentioned, variation through the whole arrangement so that it doesn't get too boring. I liked it when everything calmed down and the started over again at 1:24, and since most of the synths I hear can be tracked to some good trance hits I know about, then this is a fine example of what the 90's brought forth in its melodic inspiration.

But to sum it up, I think I'll just quote this guy:

I COULD LISTEN TO THIS FOR HOURS UPON END

It's true y'know. :wink:

• 3 months later...

This is lovely! I havn't heard any other Green Hill remixes and I don't know why! Its one of my favorite sonic tracks and I really would love to here more variations. I like this one alot. Pumps me up.

I don't know why the judges here always like these things short. Impatient and so hard to please! I like my mixes to be loooong so I can be in a trance listening to it for a good 6 minutes to an hour even. Good music is my high.

• 7 months later...

does anyone remember the mortal kombat movie music... uknow the rave track, oh sorry , u guys call it techno................ ok so u got that in ur head............k, keep it there.... ..now liten to this remix again.............cool huh.

anyway its an ok remix. i mean the whole trance thing works really well.

but when the actuall melody comes in it kinda ruins it for me.

dont get me wrong i love the green hills music.

but not in this track. its a bit too cheesy quaver.:<

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't care for it. Sega Genesis was the first console I owned, and Sonic and Road Rash were the only games I had for it for quite a long time. I think this track could totally be done as a hard rock/grunge track, with a wailing guitar covering the melody. I suppose it would be good if you like the genre. Personally, I hate trance/techno/club music. I'd much rather hear something that sounds like music, not a fork in a blender.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00986 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Green Hill Zone (Euroclub '95 Mix)"