Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 'Yeah I'd Tap That' (Mia Fey's Theme)

OceansAndrew

"Very nineties" I just heard from my left as I put this on play. :) It does remind me of a TV title theme of some sort..

Pretty solid stuff. I don't have many issues. In the very first part, the first 35 seconds, the sine-ish synth lead in the beginning is piercingly loud and competes with the guitar leads. The guitar could be tighter - I don't find fault with the lead tone, it sounds ok in the very next part, and towards the ending the background guitar melody in the same style sounds good as well. It may be that you just need a more inspired take there. :) I like the arrangement with the dual guitar lead!

In the part that begins at 01:02 it feels like nothing takes the foreground. The distorted backing guitar doesn't fit in the song in my opinion, and is not great sounding, quite muffled and quiet. It makes it feel weak, which is not great for a rrrraging annnnggggry disssstorrrted guitarrrr. ;) The chorused clean guitar I like, it could be more prominent.

These specifics aside, it's a high-quality track, and a fun listen! Hope these comments were helpful. :)

--Eino

No source link, no source comment.

Seems to lean to the right a bit. Also, the intro guitar sounds fake, in a bad way. Either synthy or more realistic, but it's in the uncanny valley of guitar sounds, imo. Could be the fret noise that's giving it that effect.

Arrangement is pretty, tho the main melody gets a bit tiresome. I like the bass writing, but those semi-note steps are good... in moderation.

I'm not bothered by the backing guitar, it's quiet enough to pass unnoticed during casual listening. I gotta disagree with Eino about the 1:02 section, I think it's a nice break from having all foreground to listen to.

This sounds a bit like Necros' tracker songs, like Click and Metroplex. And that's a good thing. Good stuff, man.

Here is the source tune for those who want to hear it:

Cool, I like the relaxed mood of this. I like the origanal intro, but I'm a little put off by the sound of the guitars - rozovian is right, they sound fake in a bad way, I hate the distortion sound and there is no vibrato in the long notes which doesn't sound natural.

The source is obvious and you have great origanal sections - I love the synth solo at the end, that got a great sound too.

I also like the break-down you throw in at 1.20, the piano contrapuntal melodies in the background were cool.

Nicely done, but please sort out that guitar at the intro :)

• 2 weeks later...
Throughout the vast majority of the franchise, she's dead. I, for one, would not tap that.

What if she were summoned by Maya for a little while?

Anyway, I'd definitely like to hear this improved and eventually submitted, since it's sounding real good so far. I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of comments, though. KF