OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"

"They call me Gato, I have metal"-- wait a minute, WTF?

Oh, it's that OTHER robot from CT, now with his own song. Gato's got some competition!

I could've found a better use for a track with real vocals, but this ain't bad. It sounds a little cluttered though... I don't think you're giving the vocals enough "room", volume/etc-wise.

Good and original though :)

this is absolutely stunning work - full of emotion, and the words are great...nice job

It's funny that you say it has emotion. But, technically, it doesn't. It's a robot singing. YET, it does have emotion. GREAT stuff. Robo's theme is some of the best tunage on the CT soundtrack (not that CT is lacking in good tunage), and one of my favorte tracks. And this remix does NOT dissapoint.

I visited this site for years, and hardly post, especially in the reviews, but Star definitely got me a-typing this time. Keep up the good work.

Wow, that was fast posting! I only saw that song on WIP like a week or two ago! Lucky dog! :)

Well, what can I say about this great song.......

I loved it at the WIP page.

And I still love it at the front page. :wink:

Nice going Star, TheIncredibleSingingRobot is an incredible song. :nicework:

DAMN! :nicework:

[anticipates Star's ego] Goddammit, Star, STFU already!

What "Big Shell West Bristol" does for trip-hop, this does for 80s synth-pop. Starblast pulled off a very authentic adaptation to the style. Fellow OC ReMixer Electron, who did an all-80s radio show (The Vault) at my college, would love this track.

So how does someone apparently get to wait only a week to get a mix posted...?

Because HE [points to Star] made THAT [points to "The Incredible Singing Robot"]!

There are some songs that defy their genres. For example, I totally hate most disco (that can be taken more than one way), yet "Stayin' Alive" by the Beegees is completely awesome. Or like how I completely hate Jewel... oh wait... I don't like any of her songs, nevermind...

Anyway, I really like this mix. I enjoyed the concept of this mostly. You took what in any other context would suck and turned it into something really cool. For example, the vocals (if they were outside of this track) would be a joke, but they fit so perfectly. Well done.

bahaha geezus people, enough with the ego bashing. I dont have a big ego! I just dont believe in false modesty :P

No reason to be like "omg i suck" to fish for compliments, right?

Just cuz I really like my own music (who doesnt like their own stuff?), and think I'm a cool person doesnt mean I have a big ego :D It just means I have a lot of confidence. That being said, thanks for the compliments, they help too :D

Just stfu, Star, and be glad that you are awesome ;)

Anyway, copied from the WIP forum because I'm a lazy bastard:

This song is great. And I'm sure all of your future groupies in here will agree. The distorted drums are just perfect (especially the ope hi-hat sound that's always panned to the right) and get your attention at the beginning of the remix while feeling lo-fi and robotic. The panning for the drums is very nice, also, though it seems to get lost in the shuffle when the beef of the mix comes in. But then again, I like it to be beefy as possible.

The mix itself is very synthy - sort of like a high fi enhancement of a vintage .mod file or something. That's good thing, though - the whole old technology theme is something that I really love. The lyrics are astoundingly fitting. Even though they're simple, they're sung with the appropriate amount of emotion yet peppiness like a robot. And, thankfully, you didn't feel the need to flex your badass samples and slap string parts all over the mix - it's much better this way.

Towards the end of the mix - the marcato violins are impressive, but the piano sounds a little dry and staccato for such an epic pop song. It doesn't stick out too much, though.

Overall, there are some clipping problems here and there but it's hardly noticible. Otherwise, this is probably my favorite thing of yours, StarBLaSt. Keep up the good work!

Ok...I just heard the Gato track for the first time this evening, I don't know HOW the hell I missed it, but I'm glad it was mentioned in the review...that said...

Um...

This is unbelieveably cool. I haven't been so jazzed about a mix like this since Game Over's stellar Punch Out! piece. I listen to a lot of songs off the site...a lot. And I love many of them, but there are only a few that I just click with like this.

Excellent work man, love the vocal tweaking ("ThouGH I am MADE from TItAnIUM" :lol: ) and the slightly-dopey voice...very nice stuff. I'm laughing out loud, and loving this as a piece of music at the same time...I keep missing sections of the lyrics though, because I start focusing on the fun music (Robo's theme one of the best in the game) and miss them.

Will definately check out your other stuff (dunno how the heck I missed that either, must have slipped in during the period when I was new to Japan and not checking this site every day. (No 8 MPS ADSL and no OCR make the wombat go something something...)

Edit: Have realized I've got some of your other stuff sitting on the ole' MP3 player...just didn't realize it was you:0)

It sounds very nice, and from the little I played of Chrono Trigger, that was my fave tune in it. The lyrics are a great idea for this tune/concept, but I really can't hear them enough to work out what's going on. Real nice mix other than that, but because of that trouble I was a bit 'meh'. What I actually wanted to say though was the piano and strings part that the song finishes with is beautiful. That small part of the song is so nice I just keep playing the whole thing again. Love the piano hehe.

This was a beautiful and completely original remix. I enjoy the rhythm, along with the warped voice wrapped gently around the harsh-sounding percussion. It kind of gives it a quality of finely-crafted scissors in a coating of bubble wrap. I also enjoyed toward the end and in the middle where it gives orchestral breaks, and at the end the drums end leaving you with the piano, strings and other great classical instruments. And to top it all off, you get Robo's storyline in the lyrics along with the music. A perfect work, all hail the Star Salzman!

im not even a star groupie and i love this shizzy. heh, it kinda reminds me of that band "Eiffel 69" with the synth pop and the robotic voice. the lyrics are damn good too, and the ending which goes away from the synth and into the piano is beautiful and a perfect transmission. keep pumping out good songs, bitch!

im not even a star groupie and i love this shizzy. heh, it kinda reminds me of that band "Eiffel 69" with the synth pop and the robotic voice. the lyrics are damn good too, and the ending which goes away from the synth and into the piano is beautiful and a perfect transmission. keep pumping out good songs, bitch!

eiffel 65...... ahhh yes, the pop group with the funny sound... I can just imagine it: full coverage, hype, hysteria. you go to the shop, pick one up.. go home, pop it in to your home cd player.... and...

"Ieee'm robo, da bo DEE da bo daaiee, ya bo dee, ya boo dieee, I'm robo......"

:P

It's THAT catchy....

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"