OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"

Being the lurker that I am, I've decided to make one of my few postings here.

Star, I just wanna say "Thank You" up front for doing such a favorite OSV song in such a fun and original manner. I have to admit, the lyrics are kinda corny, but hell, it put a great big smile on my face and made me smile today. Its hard to create a mood altering piece, but this did it.

The only bad thing I have to say is that I think the base beat in the very beginning was a tad heavy, but other than that, it was a really spiff mix.

I may not be a groupie, but if he keeps this up, I may have to join the fan club. :P

Hey man, great job. I really respect those who implament lyrics into their works. Good singing with it, and nice use of "flangers" in your voice. I believe that's a "tremolo" flanger no? Great music to boot, awesome midsection break with the synths. It gives me so many ideas for remixing, very inspiring, really. I look forward to more remixes with vocals from you.

~DJ Crono "Jovette Rivera"~

Hmm, there's not much to add. I think this piece just cements your position as the best remixer on this site is all. Your versatility in handling so many different genres is a testament to your musical aptitude and deep understanding of the fundamentals of musical theory. Congratulations! Now someone hire him already!

Uh huh...was my first thought on this song, its a tad plucky, but good all around. The lyrics fit perfectly in with the beat, but I must admit, they are slightly goofy (i.e. wont you pick, me instead of that frog, I can do healing to). It sounds like he really liked the robot that lena fixed. Goofy lyrics aside, this remix is extremely up lifting and a good choice to listen to, if your down. :lol:

I listened to it the first time for the initial impression, I listened to it a second time with the lyrics up to follow along, and every other time after that was for pure enjoyment. I was whistling the song all day afterwards. :D

SUM1 TURNED ON TEH CARAZY MUZAK MACHINE (aka StarBLaSt) AND MAED A REMX OF TEH ROBO TEHME. LOOK MA< I"M ON TV!

TIHS IS FUNNY!!1 ESPESHULLY WHEN HE SINGS!1 I DUIND"T NO ROB0TS COUD SING!!11 TAHTS GREAT! IT"S ALMOTS LIKE A SANDWIHC< ONLY NOT REALLY CUZ SANDWIHCS AREN"T COMPRIZD OF MUSICUL NOETS AND DISTORTAD DRUMS THAT MAKE ME WANT 2 PEE IN MY PANTZ BCUZ WHENEVAR I MASTURBEIT IT MAKEZ ME WUNT 2 PEE AND TIHS IS ALMOEST LIK MASTARBAITING> BECUZ IT IS GUD> I WODNER IF HIBACHI 499 LIKED TIHS SONG> IF HE DIDANT< IT"S BECUZ HE IS RETARDED. BUT NOT AS RETARDED AS TEH HICHIBI 201 BECUZ THAT GUY SI EVEN MOER RETARD.ED.

NICE WORK STARBLAUETS.

Hmmmm. where to begin. This is magnificent. Its extremly well done and one of the funniest remixes I've ever heard.

The percusiion is excellent. The bass in the intro is nice, though my only problem with this song, a very small one is in the intro. I would have liked to hear a bit more of thr treble. I have to really listen to hear it. But the bass is good so it makes up for that.

The lyrics are grerat. I like the technique done with the voices. They're real nostalgic. The make perfect sense. I always liked seeing just how much struff like that a person can work into a song or poem. This does an excellent job of that. And suddenly i'm motivated to do a singing remix (I've done a lot of lyrics thingsa like this. never got around to making the actual music though).

Well done star. This is grerat, and i expect to hear well over 100 times this afternoon.

I absolutely love this! It's now permanently stuck in my head and i can't stop singing it! No word of a lie.

At first glance, as in at just the title, I was expecting it to be Gato's song, but then i clicked for the info and just had to hear it for myself. The lyrics, silly as they are, fit in perfectly and the curt choppiness of them? Makes them sound like a real robot talking, er, singing. Sweet and upbeat, I only have one teensy-weensy little disappointment---it slightly disses Kaeru/Frog, who is my personal favorite. "Won't you pick me instead of that frog?" I've only got one question---what's wrong with Frog?

Seeing it as how you did such a kick-ass job on this, how about something like this using Frog's theme? It's just a suggestion....

I've heard this song develop as Starblast worked on it, and ever since the very first version of this song, I have LOVED it, absolutely adored it. I even talk to him myself for a while about it, because I was so anxious to learn more about the song. This is fabulous work, there is nothing more that I can say other than the fact that I worship the song, and that I'll be looking forward to more of his work such as this. :wink:

Holy crap.. I didn't realize I made that typo Starblast, sorry!! ^^;

Starblaze is not me.

Starblaze is a different remixer entirely, and he's cool so check him out.

I'm StarBLAST

or Star, or Star Salzman, or Mr. Salzman if you want.... or Star B Salzman... or Starby Salzman or Starry Salzman or Star Salzbury Steak.... or twinkle twinkle little StarBLaSt. etc etc.

P.S. Thanks everyone for all of your awesome comments and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truly appreciated :D :D

Incredible.

Absolutely incredible. I have been cruising this site forever... and listening to everything on it. I've even scouted the forums before, but not until I heard this did I finally get motivated to register, just to say WOW! Like someone else said earlier, no mix has snapped me to attention quite this much since Little Mac's Confession. Outstanding, sickeningly addictive stuff StarBlast. Keep it up! :mrgreen:

Mav Out

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"