OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"

I'd just like to say that, even several months after the fact, this remix remains one of the few in recent memory to have that certain explosive, energetic, and (ironically enough) emotional feel to it that so many new remixes are missing these days. So few remixes rarely have this much heart and soul poured into a mix, and I sorely wish more remixers went to greater lengths to make their final product that much greater. (This is why I dislike ambient tracks, although I understand that a good deal of work goes into them as well.)

Any idiot can throw together a drum loop and a few synths together and call it a remix, but it takes a true passion and love for the art to truly do the songs justice.

I don't think I have anything else to say that hasn't already been said (I only skimmed up to page four and skipped the rest) besides the obvious "10/10 A++++ would obsessively listen to again." So there you go.

This ReMix seems to have gotten it's share of reviewage... oh well, I'll throw my kindling on the fire to keep it burning!

This is the first thing that I downloaded on the site, and it didn't disappoint.

Really, there's nothing to complain about on this one. Right length, nothing gets old, and all that.

What stands out? Quite obviously the lyrics. Wonderfully crafted, written, applied to the song, and sung. Expect for the bridge and after the final verse, I really don't see much ReArrangement from the original tune. That's not a complaint; I very much approve. I really dig the piano at the end.

There's really not much else to say. This remix rocks. Rest assured it's not everyone's thing, though.

Score: 10/10

• 4 weeks later...

Initially I didn't give this song any credit. My big mistake. The beginning really gave me the impression that the whole thing was going to be nasty quality music. Much to my amazement, when I actually sat down and listened to the whole thing through, my jaw just about hit the floor. Like someone else said earlier in this review, it does remind me of Daft Punk's Digital Love. Amazing remix. Very nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to admit, when I first saw the review for this reMix, I said to myself "Vocals >.>.." My expirences with OCR with vocals hasnt been good. I finally gave it a shot and found myself listening to this song 24-7. Its soo easy to imagine Robo actually singing this, which is what really makes this song a true classic at OCR ^__^. I reccommend this to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not a hardcore RPG gamer, but the I have developed a very strong

emotional connection to the Chrono series, thanks to the incredible

music by Yasunori Mitsuda.

The Robo theme was one of my favorite tunes from the CT soundtrack

and Star brings it to life with lyrics in the best way possible.

Even though I am not fond of the distorted drums in this piece, I would

still rate it as the most imaginitive CT remix ever. The lyrics fit the

mood of the track perfectly and offer a good insight into Robo's

complex character.

For those of you who haven't downloaded this remix yet, put it as

the top priority on your "to do" list. This track is a must-have.

To Star:

Mad respect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"