OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This song rules. I'm suprised there aren't more robo remixes like this one but this one does it great justice. Great job with the lyrics too, I think it's a good take on robo's character. I think his girlfriend should have been mentioned in the song though, or like there should be a song about robo losing that pink robot (he he emo robo)... No where was I? Oh right, sweet remix a total 10 outta 10.

• 2 months later...

Excellent. I think it needed the reference to the girlfriend, but other than that it covered robo's story EXTREMELY well. Also, the insult to Frog at the end was unnecessary. Take them both. I'm sure they have some awesome triple tech together. I wouldn't know. I dropped Robo for Magus. The Masamune just stomped to much trash to leave behind.

• 3 weeks later...

SPECTACULAR! Robo was always may favorite from the theme to his screwyness to, to the deadly light show. And this song is definately the Tribute he desrves ^_^

p.s Chrono Robo and Frog have great a triple tech :D

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Oh wow. This is one of the earliest ReMixes I downloaded, and it's still a favorite. It makes me laugh, dance, and sing along at the same time, and now I can't even imagine hearing the source. The lyrics are great, and I love to randomly sing them because nobody else I know even knows what Chrono Trigger is, and it stumps them.

My first post :-P

I went through all the Chrono Trigger remixes not too long ago since my wife and I just finished the game. I came across this tune and loved it. It has a great beat and the lyrics fit the character. The melody is expressed really well too, both in the lyrical sections and instrumental sections. But, as I believe djpretzel said in his review, this mix has that sort of 80's new wave sound down pat and could, in my opinion, stand toe to toe with Mr. Roboto any day.

My only complaint is that, at least on my speakers, the lyrics don't seem loud enough compared to everything else and seem a bit drowned out

I listen to this on the train and its awesome

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love this track. I'm not usually a fan of remixes that add lyrics, but these just work so well - from the words to the type of voice used, this IS Robo singing. Every time this pops up on my randomized playlist I can't help but smile and sing along. Very fun take on a great theme from the game. And I love how you worked in just a little bit of Robo's in-game "speaking" sound effect.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How have I never heard this before? 8-O Star has proven himself time and time again to be a pure genius, so it almost makes me wonder why I haven't taken the time to listen to his whole remix catalog before.

This captures the essence of 80's pop with some appropriate vocal filtering that fits the concept of the song nicely :-P Star is a master of this kind of loud, punchy music that's full of a ton of intricacies that are impossible to fully comprehend on the first listen.

For, like, the 2 of you out there that haven't heard this yet, check it out! It's a really fun romp through a nice theme, what more can you ask for?

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This remix is such a classic. Every time I hear it, I can't help but smile, and it fills me with much nostalgia both for the game and for the 80's ^_^ The lyrics are so perfect and the vocals are what makes the remix so memorable. I believe this remix embodies the spirit of what OC ReMix is all about, taking an existing VGM track and totally reinterpreting it in a way that honors the original, while expressing new ideas and much creativity from the remixer as well, creating an entirely unique piece.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00988 - Chrono Trigger "The Incredible Singing Robot"