Things That Piss You Off When Recording

TheSnowStorm

You can't make fun of atmuh's writing. He's not from an English-speaking country, he's had a hard time coping with the stroke he had a few years ago, and there's that mangled left hand of his that we're supposed to avoid bringing up.

So cut atmuh some slack, god damn it. Are you picking on a guy because of his physical, medical and geographical limitations? Are you?

That's just rasict. And languagist. And injuryist.

Rasict, languagist, injuryist assholes, all of you.

God that made me smiled! Screw Atmuh! He ain't American!

I say we make fun of The Damned now.

He has a Pokemon sig. That's sad.

Trucks passing by, dogs barking, squealing neighbor kids... ><

*has a lot of pent up anger towards these occurences*

Understandable, the walls in your apartment are paper thin. You guys need a regular house. Where you don't have to worry about noise. Heck, my neighbor's bands practice next door in their basement, and I barely register any sound. Unless I'm listening for it, I don't hear it. It's nice.

Mildly funny story... I used to have the Super Mario Bros. soundset as my system sounds. You know the the "Boing!" sound when you hit a "?" brick and get a coin? Well, somehow it sneaked its way into one of my school projects while I was exporting the audio. Strangely enough, the levels were perfect and it hit exactly on the beat, so I just left it in there. Everyone who heard it later actually though I had put it in intentionally.

I hate running out of breath.

I also hate it when I write a part that has...well not an impossible amount of words to fit in the line, but a difficult enough amount that I mess up several times before getting it to sound as cool as it does in my head.

I also live pretty close to an airport, so that's messed my recordings up a few times too.

I used to have a bird which would be making noise all day to the point where I didn't even notice it anymore. I'd only notice it when I played my recording back and it had all kinds of chirps in it.

Trucks passing by, dogs barking, squealing neighbor kids... ><

*has a lot of pent up anger towards these occurences*

I think that it would be kinda funny if, one day while seriously recording something and you get interrupted, you stop singing and explode and rant about some *expletive expletive* piece of *expletive* truck and that *expletive expletive expletive* fucking dog and then upload it to the internets and come here and post a link to it.

Just a little funny.

Understandable, the walls in your apartment are paper thin.

THESE WALLS ARE PAPER-THIN AND EVERYONE HEARS EVERY LITTLE SOUND

EVERYONE'S A VOYEURIST THEY'RE WATCHING ME WATCH THEM WATCH ME RIGHT NOW

THEY'RE SHAKING HANDS THEY'RE SHAKING IN THEIR SHOES ON LORD DON'T SHAKE ME DOWN

EVERYONE WANTS TO MOVE THEM AND HALF OF EVERYONE ELSE MOVES AROUND

IT'S BEEN AGREED THE WHOLE WORLD STINKS SO NO ONE'S TAKING SHOWERS ANYMORE!!!!!

THESE WALLS ARE PAPER-THIN AND EVERYONE HEARS EVERY LITTLE SOUND

EVERYONE'S A VOYEURIST THEY'RE WATCHING ME WATCH THEM WATCH ME RIGHT NOW

THEY'RE SHAKING HANDS THEY'RE SHAKING IN THEIR SHOES ON LORD DON'T SHAKE ME DOWN

EVERYONE WANTS TO MOVE THEM AND HALF OF EVERYONE ELSE MOVES AROUND

IT'S BEEN AGREED THE WHOLE WORLD STINKS SO NO ONE'S TAKING SHOWERS ANYMORE!!!!!

I love how you can get away with quoting Modest Mouse lyrics because you're a girl. If one of us guys did that, everyone would tell 'em to take it to LiveJournal.

Good song, btw.

Hmmm... Let's see... One time, I was recording a screaming vox track for a metal song I was working on, and my cat ran up to me and started meowing like crazy. I stopped recording to pay attention to a very worried cat.

And there was another time I was recording for a competition project involving vocals (an atmospheric peice that could only consist of the phrase "There was a hole here, it's gone now,"), and I got an Xfire message during the recording session and didn't notice my mic picked it up until I had added delay and mixed it with the main vocal track in Audacity. I was too lazy to record that huge chunk again, so I left the beep in there.

Other than that, not too many problems.

I'll tell you what ticks me off... people who don't know how to properly say P's and B's into a microphone. You have to soften them, or else you get that loud "PUH" through the speakers.

Which just irks me when I hear it. Public speaking jackasses. Learn it, or else stay away from microphones/bullhorns.