* oceansend.com

Submission Information

* mix name: Letting Go

* Game: Animal Crossing

* Original name: KK Chorale

* Original: (brace yourselves):

comments:

IN THE EVENT THIS GETS ACCEPTED, PLEASE PUT IT ON HOLD FOR JOECAM'S PROJECT

This is exactly the type of song that needs remixing, where it has a beautiful and charming melody, but abysmal original sound quality. I mean, I love KK more than most people and it's even tough for me to stomach those "oh me oh quay quays" sometimes. The melody is pretty intact, with a few changes, but the rest of the song is completely redone, with a lot of additional counterpoint, and an original bridge section. This ended up being one of my more personal remixes, if such a thing were possible.

This is easily my favorite song from the soundtrack, so i'm glad I got the chance to remix it. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Liking the geetars up here. Felt like the snare stuff could have been spicier, but oh well. Lots of good personalization of the theme, and of course a barebones source like this was ripe for expansion. Solid.

YES

My freakin' ears! :puppyeyes: I played a little bit of Animal Crossing, but this source is... something.

Another solid effort, Andrew. Very gentle, and I like the way you highlighted the original melody in different ways. I like your choice of leads throughout, but the one entering at 1:37 was a little overpowering and upfront. That minor key section was a cool addition though. The only other thing I could suggest is maybe using a snare with more bite. There was some space in the higher frequencies of this song and I think a snare with more presence might have filled the gap. A nitpick for sure, but that's pretty much all I can do on this song. Definitely a pass.

YES

Bwaaahahahahaha, I love how they actually detuned the whistling in the game! I'm a big Animal Crossing fan but damn, the whistling!

In any case. Andrew's back. You all know what that means kids! Great arrangement with loads upon loads of intelligent musical details and attention to instruments. This one's no exception.

At times the guitar lead (one of them) sounds a bit out of tune (0:53 and 1:03 for example) but I think of it as an hommage to the source even though it was a bit distracting. The lead at 1:37 is very loud, like Vinnie said. I also agree with the snare lacking bite. Cool synths and processing, and although some of them might seem a bit out of place at first they kinda grow on you. The bells at 0:28 could've been more up front and less piercing. Production, all things consider, is above the bar even though some additional balancing could take your stuff to the next level. I like you Andrew.

YES

andrew, this is ridiculous.

it's so good, it's almost a no-brainer. i don't think there are any arrangement controversies here :) and the production is top notch. i love animal crossing music because it is such an enigma of WTF and brilliance at the same time. i always tell myself i'm going to do an animal crossing mix but i'm afraid to mix my own insanity with the soundtrack's inherent insanity. but i, too, am tryin my hand at it for Joe's project

the drums are very nice. the guitar work is subtle but sweet. the synths, especially the sliced, syncopated ones are cool as hell. i love the leads.

oh you

YES