OCR01749 - Myst III "American Wheels of Wonder"

djpretzel

Don't know the sorce, but I'm loving this track. Mazedude always brings good stuff to the table, and this doesn't dissapoint.

Love the opening (vibraphone?), and a great lead in with the percussion. Great use of echoing, and a nice blend of instruments.

Really great work, everyone should take a listen to this one.

Mazedude did a great job developing vibe on this one, it starts off so barren and alone. Awesome work getting that feeling of vast emptiness; the bells are especially haunting, and though it never really picks up to the type of chug i'd associate by glancing at the song's title, it does pick up, and has plenty of careful movement.

The synths are fantastic and really give a great color to the solid foundation. Beautiful and really introspective.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright dude. I don't know if this is specifically a quality of tracker music, or if it's just one of your many musical talents, but some of your songs just sound downright CREEPY to me. Minotaur Nightmares springs to mind immediately there, but this does the same thing. It makes me feel lonely, confused, and uncertain. Ironically, much like I would feel if I was playing a Myst game. It feels urban, industrial, and 'grungy' as well. This is what Myst would sound like if somehow took you down a badly lit and deserted street in the southside of Chicago. While it was snowing. I love the glass chime work (I don't know if that's what it is, but that's what I'll call it) that underlies the mix. Then the synth lead comes in and adds more creepy and it's just a beautiful package.

I had the American Album for a long time, and for some reason this never jumped out at me like it does now. The album got deleted when I purged my library to make more space, but I'm thinking that was a mistake and I need to go download it again. Great piece.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01749 - Myst III "American Wheels of Wonder"