OCR00991 - Final Fantasy IV "Over and Under"

OMG Man. This is an awesome remix, one of those remixes I can sing along to! I love it. And even if I haven't played FF4... I recognize the tune!

Some titchy unimportant things linger, but it sort of adds to the natural aspect of the remix.

Overall, I love it.

Wow

I love this, but there are 2 things I hate about it. The title is incredibly deceitful. While this is absolutely fabulous, I expected a remix of the song from Tororia. The other thing is that the lyrics linked to from the remix page aren't entirely accurate. It's hard to follow along...

Anyway, you have a great voice and I hope you do more like this (maybe even from Final Fantasy 5, too)!

This was a nice remix to listen to. :) I agree with all of the criticism that has already been stated. But the only thing I have to say is that it sounded kinda like Radiohead for a second there towards the end hehe.

-EX

I think you mean Head Radio. From GTA? But you're right, it does! :)

Anyway, I love the song, and even though I wouldn't say it's the best ever, I'd have to say it's very good. There aren't many Vocal songs that I like hear on OCR (of course there aren't that many, are there?), but this is one that I like. Nice job! I await your next Remix :D

Congratulations Silent on Such a wonderful song... Sure theres room for improvement, but as a first up effort this is an absolutely wonderful mix and makes me wanna scrap my first mix which im currently half through.

We certainly need more Vocal in these mixes, sure most of the music that comes through this site is wonderful, we do lack vocal ( prolly cause none of us can sing ;) ) because some of the best songs on this site i believe are the ones containing the vocal. Again congrats to Silent, we only hope u keep producing more like this n betta ;)

wow, thanks for the entirely postitive response on this one..

yes the title is increadibly deceiving, I didnt know what else to name it.. perhaps that will have to change.

I would like to show some of the ppl who have criticized me (which I appreciate!) to hear my newer mixes of the song, to help me with the direction. When I get my internet back, perhaps we can get in touch.

I liked the lyrics, but IMO, they could have been sung better. The singing should have been done by someone with more experiance, and the high notes were a bit annoying (like on line "Just don’t want this all to fall apart")

But all in all, its a gopod mix.

On a side note, The lyrics that pretzel give us are wrong. "Everything is out of sight tonite" should be "Everything seems out of sight tonite"

I don't know exactally what it is, but I tried to do a very very sloppy modification to the lyrics on OCR to match what he really said. I will admit that where I put stuff along the lines of "mwahh..." and "aaaaooo..." was an attempt (however poor it may be...) to show what he was singing in sounds, not words. I think also where I put "Finally now," I'm not sure if it's "now". I tried really really hard to hear what he was saying there and that was the best word I could come up with...well here it is.

Final_Fantasy_4_Tororian_Love_Song_OC_ReMix Lyrics (Update)

Perhaps its time to question; all these things I’ve been doing for so long...

...So wrong...

mwahh...

SO much I need not mention, but the need within me is so strong.

So, so long...

I know that the answer is beside me.

As I have believed from the start,

But it's just so hard for me to go there.

Dispite of all this aching feeling, I

Just don’t want this all to fall apart.

And as I look into your eyes

It's more like looking at myself

Through someone else

Like no one else.

aaaaooo...

ALL THIS PAIN AND HATRED

Never knowing from whence it came

I’m playing this game

It's always the same.

In all this there’s one thing I could ask you

That you should always remain true

Even if I’m gone you’ll still remember

Its just hard when nothings right and

Everything seems out of sight tonight.

Yeahhhhh...

yeah yeah yeah yeah

yeah yeah yeah yeah

I don’t wanna leave yet

How could you think that I could love

Somebody new?

Someone like you?

Someone like you...

oooooohhhhhhwah

As the night fades into a day

I thought it’d be something that you should know-ah...should know-ah...

Finally now, if there was one thing that I could ask you.

Is that you should always remain true?

Even if I'm gone you'll still remember.

It's just hard when nothings right.

-But I guess I'll survive another night

Waiting to create another me

That only you...that only you can see.

P.S. I am positive that this update needs yet another update to professionalize it. :)

0:00-1:24 Nice peaceful guitar work. I'll probably like this remix.

1:25-1:40 Vocals? Hmm, this better be good.

1:41-1:43 "So wrong..." So very wrong indeed; the shittiness is breathtaking. I'll try to overlook this one.

1:44-2:15 The lyrics are cheesy and don't flow well, the vocals are pre-pubescent...I came here for video game music, not angsty emo-rock.

2:16 I click the close button on Winamp.

No sir, I don't like it.

0:00-1:24 Nice peaceful guitar work. I'll probably like this remix.

1:25-1:40 Vocals? Hmm, this better be good.

1:41-1:43 "So wrong..." So very wrong indeed; the shittiness is breathtaking. I'll try to overlook this one.

1:44-2:15 The lyrics are cheesy and don't flow well, the vocals are pre-pubescent...I came here for video game music, not angsty emo-rock.

2:16 I click the close button on Winamp.

No sir, I don't like it.

Hey, it's really not fair to the artist to not listen to the entire song. Think about Stairway to Heaven if you only listened to the first section.

high notes were a bit annoying (like on line "Just don’t want this all to fall apart")

I actually liked that ;) and cant repro it in the new version... lol but im trying,...

(avoiding the trolls)

btw, those lyrics i gave djpretzel were wrong, sorry ;) thats what i meant to sing...

and I dont like the original Jap lyrics ;)

I'm lovin' it. Second great vocal remix inside a week; I'm hoping it's the start of a new trend! \; )

Personally, I liked the lyrics a lot, they seemed appropriate and fairly well written... and even if a few parts sound a bit cliche'd, when you get down to it, about 70% of the songs out there that we listen to on the radio talk about the same thing and say the same thing, repackaged again and again... all depends on the quality of the packaging. So, I'm not terribly sure how fair that particular criticism is.

Loved the instrumentation... only complaint is that there definitely were a few points where the vocals got a wee bit iffy. But, if you're going to remaster it... more power to you, can't wait to hear it :D

Keep it up...

I liked this one alot, and I personaly love hearing diversity in remixes, instead of the same old themes. I didn't find a problem at all with the vocals, and the lyrics were vague enough, so that anyone can take whatever meaning they want from it. Keep them coming! :P

Yeah... i love this... but it is ruined by the vocals... (sorry :cry: ) Don't get me wrong though, i think if you got someone who could sing really well, this would be the most kick ass thing ever. But for a singer as myslef, this is painful to listen too. I really hope you will get someone else to sing your lyrics for this.

Now, past the vocals: this is probably one of my favorite songs on the site... i just love when the bass gets in... it's great.

Just hope you will re-work the vocals.

P.S.

I REALLY wanna hear the update so PM me when you have it up :wink:

Talked to my friend. She said she'd like to hear a "strumento soltanto" version (I guess you'd know what that means???) so she can see what her voice sounds like against it.

Also, do you have any IM programs? She said she'd want to talk to you if she liked it.

Thanks.

I liked the way the lyrics and music went togther. remind me of an end of an RPG when the main hero (usually guy) realizes his love for some female in the group he has traveled with for some time now. Like Chrono and Marle floating in the air with the baloons in one of the chrono tigger endings?

Anyways, nice song. I'll keep it. :)

Though if for some reason you DO change around the vocaling, why not add in a duet with a female voice in there somewhere? Like more towards hte middle-to-end part of the song?

The guitar work is excellent. The vocals, however, could use quite a lot of work.

I'm not saying this to be an asshole, and it did take large iron balls to submit with singing in the first place, but the vox really do drag this piece below its potential. The singing sounds a little better during the louder parts, so that may be where your dynamic range is best (vocalists, correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to see an updated version of this with lots of practice behind it.

-steve

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00991 - Final Fantasy IV "Over and Under"