Don LaFontaine (AKA "Movie Voice Guy") is dead at age 68

Kroze

LaFontaine, known as the "King of Voiceovers," died Monday afternoon at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. LaFontaine's agent, Vanessa Gilbert, tells ET that he passed away following complications from Pneumothorax, the presence of air or gas in the pleural cavity, the result of a collapsed lung. The official cause of death has not yet been released.

Source

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

In a world without Movie Voice Guy..... who will now announce movie trailers to us in theaters?

What a horrible loss for the film community...

So young too...

The celebrity many knew the voice of, but few could name.

Shame to hear this. Not many people get famous solely for their talking voice while rarely ever being seen, let alone the kind of "this guy is EVERYWHERE!"-status Don had with it. It's going to sound odd not having him introduce movie trailers anymore. He was heard so often for so long, that you just never really thought about his not being the one doing it.

Man, why all the great people are dying this year?

George Carlin

Bill Hicks

Issac Hayes

Bernie Mac

And now the movie voice guy.

Why for once a horrible actor/musician/voice actor can die for once?

Heath Ledger didn't make it to your list? Personal preference I suppose.

Sucks. Guess we'll have to read our movie trailers once again, or they'll replace him.

Um... Bill Hicks died in 1994.

Why the fuck I got Charlton Heston confused with Bill Hicks! That who I meant to say!

Also Cottous, I forgot Ledger as well! He was a great actor.

God, why can't you take out the shitty people of the meida such as Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook, Hannah Montana, or any of these shitty voice actors in anime? (BOTH American and Japanese anime voice actors.)

Why the fuck I got Charlton Heston confused with Bill Hicks! That who I meant to say!

Also Cottous, I forgot Ledger as well! He was a great actor.

God, why can't you take out the shitty people of the meida such as Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook, Hannah Montana, or any of these shitty voice actors in anime? (BOTH American and Japanese anime voice actors.)

You shouldn't be wishing death on people just because you don't enjoy them as entertainers. Grow up a little. :|

Wow, I can't believe it. First Carlin, then him? I think the world just died a little bit with him....

Relax man. You're acting as if the two most important people in the world just passed away. While the loss of human life is always tragic, I'm not sure the loss of two people in the entertainment industry (both of whom were aged "a little older") outweighs the suffering that happens on a daily basis throughout most of the world. Peace...