Google Chrome

Liontamer

Aight everyone, Google Chrome's scheduled to be coming out in just a few hours. Gmail and the other Google apps are so good, Google can practically do no wrong.

What's your outlook on the new browser?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Google_launches_web_browser,_dubbed_Chrome

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html

Firefox has been giving me a lot of problems recently (especially when it comes to CPU load

I have to agree as there are times where I would have a shit ton of tabs open at the same time and thanks to a meter, I would see about almost a gig of memory being used by Firefox. At first I was "woah wtf?", but then as soon as I killed it, the mem went back to nominal levels.

I do enjoy setting up all related materials up on tabs and well... I can't feel all that comfy with my resources being hogged to a browser, if only incredibly better than IE...

I can't imagine why you would think that you could open up a metric fuckton of tabs and not think you would be using a lot of resources.

I Knew it would, but it doesn't mean I have to stand for it should I?

Besides considering when I'm doing work between my work place's website and sending info to various different branches... The firefox browser handy but fuck does it ever eat resources when I have to use a lot of tabs...

@ GA

What's your system specs?

Pentium M 2.00GHz

1.0 GB RAM (with 1536 MB of virtual memory available)

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800

111 GB Hard Drive (with 279 GB external)

Windows XP SP3

This laptop's a little over 3 years old now. It's been running fairly smoothly for the most part (though come to think of it, Windows Explorer has been running slower than usual lately... I'll have to look into that later).

And another browser is ready to enter the fray. Well, if it uses a down-throttling setup like IE and others do for gifs, I'll be passing. I like my gifs to play at the speed I programmed them to, not whatever speed a browser decides.

There is a wikipedia entry out there. Some of the stuff suggested on it quite frankly brings the game to a whole new level.

9/2/08: The day Google declares open unrestricted warfare against Microsoft.

Pentium M 2.00GHz

1.0 GB RAM (with 1536 MB of virtual memory available)

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800

111 GB Hard Drive (with 279 GB external)

Windows XP SP3

This laptop's a little over 3 years old now. It's been running fairly smoothly for the most part (though come to think of it, Windows Explorer has been running slower than usual lately... I'll have to look into that later).

An extra gig of memory could help your laptop, but also do the usual gauntlet of viral/malware checking, finding funky processes on the task manager. Heck if you haven't done so, try shutting off particular services/processes permenantly so long as you nor the lappy needs them. Make searches on processes you do not recognize to see if they're a threat and may be hogging your resources.

http://www.blackviper.com/ Go to this site and try out the configs that are recommended there. NOTE* Do the changes at your discretion and before making any major changes, make a back up of your system in the case you need to roll back due to a bad config.

Also the usual defragging/disk error checking wouldn't hurt.

Good luck. :)!!

edit: About how many browser windows/tabs do you utilize? I probably use around thirty or fourty with multiple windows for more organized tab usage...