Google Chrome

Liontamer

I have been trying it today and some of the features are really nice, plus it is VERY lightweight, I love how speedy it is. After getting used to slow, heavy browsers over the years, this is a nice change.

Still needs some tweaks, like an easy way to change the default search engine like firefox does. But as of now I can see myself using firefox way less everyday.

Yeah, trying Chrome right now as my default too. The only drawback that I'm getting from Chrome opposed to Firefox is that YouTube videos are incredibly less responsive. When I pause a movie, it takes a while for the vid to actually pause, and a nother two-three second wait in order to actually click another link or even press the "back" button. The significantly lower CPU usage is nicel though.

Noob question here but is it possible to entirely delete Internet Explorer? Its not giving me problems but I consider its existence a waste in every form and really I just want it gone out of spite,

Why on Earth would you spite IE? It's the best browser out there. Trust in Gates man. He never leads you wrong.

I am not being sarcastic. <3 Microsoft.

I'm pretty sure it's integrated with your operating system. You could delete it most certainly, but you might want to look into alternative operating systems first.

Otherwise, no need to be spiteful. Windows explorer works, that's the most important factor. Its main disadvantage is simply that it is the dominant platform and therefore companies and hackers make their stuff with it in mind. If Firefox ever surpasses Windows Explorer as #1 browser, I'll probably switch back to Explorer or over to Chrome.

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
Looks like I'm keeping firefox.

Might want to read this:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080903-google-on-chrome-eula-controversy-our-bad-well-change-it.html

The contract says that you can't use the software if you can't accept the contract.

If what zircon says is true, that clause would indeed mean nothing. Looks like a chicken and egg problem to me, but I'm no lawyer.

As the Ars Technica document said, the source code is open, so you can recompile it yourself without agreeing to the contract.

Okay, that's cleared up, but I'm still not seeing much need to drop Firefox for Chrome, especially so early. Yeah, I read their yuppie comic and it made it sound pretty impressive, but honestly I'd like the hype to die down a little before I go adding yet another app.