Google Chrome

Liontamer

It looks shiny but I am scared! I've been using IE for, well, all my life and always wanted to use a different browser. Is this a good one to jump to? It sounds fancy and shpiffy but, thats what advertisements are meant to do.

Thanks

Firefox or Opera will serve you better. Chrome and Safari (on Windows) you probably wouldn't be comfortable with. Chrome because it's beta and Safari because it acts like a Mac program, even on Windows.

Between Firefox and Opera, firefox is more popular, feature-packed, extendable, and developed more rapidly. Opera is faster and more stable, and many features you'd need plugins to get with Firefox are built-in with Opera. Either one will be a suitable replacement for IE.

Firefox or Opera will serve you better. Chrome and Safari (on Windows) you probably wouldn't be comfortable with. Chrome because it's beta and Safari because it acts like a Mac program, even on Windows.

Between Firefox and Opera, firefox is more popular, feature-packed, extendable, and developed more rapidly. Opera is faster and more stable, and many features you'd need plugins to get with Firefox are built-in with Opera. Either one will be a suitable replacement for IE.

Thanks! I think I'll look into Opera.

Thanks! I think I'll look into Opera.

Great! I understand this is getting off topic, but Opera's default settings are not optimal in my opinion. I don't like the 9.5 default skin, so I use the D.T.A. skin. (more available here).

Ad blocking is a must, and Opera does have the feature built in ("Block Content") but unlike Firefox's Adblock Plus, you need to grab a list of ads to block to get it started with the current list. Populate it with the current list by following the instructions here, restart opera, and poof, ads are gone.

If you want more advanced configuration, just PM me. It is my opinion that Opera's the best browser out there, but as I said, most will disagree with me; Firefox is much more popular.

Great! I understand this is getting off topic, but Opera's default settings are not optimal in my opinion. I don't like the 9.5 default skin, so I use the D.T.A. skin. (more available here).

Ad blocking is a must, and Opera does have the feature built in ("Block Content") but unlike Firefox's Adblock Plus, you need to grab a list of ads to block to get it started with the current list. Populate it with the current list by following the instructions here, restart opera, and poof, ads are gone.

If you want more advanced configuration, just PM me. It is my opinion that Opera's the best browser out there, but as I said, most will disagree with me; Firefox is much more popular.

I also do not wish to start a browser war but I agree that Opera has been the best browser for me and it does use less resources than Firefox. Of course to each his own.

I love how you can create shortcuts in the Opera browser. For example you can make it so Ctrl Shift Del will delete all private date like firefox. You can also hide the File menu bar with a shortcut and reenable it with a press of a button. I don't know if Firefox does this but I notice whenever I press back in Opera it loads the previous page in less than a second. Firefox seems to reload the page. I'm sure that has to do something with cache handling though. Anyway as for the adblocking..that's new to me Drack. I'll send you a pm.