Gunstar Heroes Album

hylianshield

I've heard some really great work from a lot of really great ReMixers, but I've been dying to hear a good Gunstar Heroes ReMix. Most of the game's music is so unique, like the Spaceship Flight and the stage before that... I'd like to see someone do a rock version of a few of the songs. Does that sound good to anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard some really great work from a lot of really great ReMixers, but I've been dying to hear a good Gunstar Heroes ReMix. Most of the game's music is so unique, like the Spaceship Flight and the stage before that... I'd like to see someone do a rock version of a few of the songs. Does that sound good to anyone?

sounds great to me. can you be more specific though? maybe you should make a list. i have a few WIPs but nothing great yet. in the other gunstar heroes request thread i thought we were making good progress. i believe psychog13, MaliceX, Dash Myoku, and myself were trying to get some new stuff rolling. I'm still trying to improve my production skills, so my complete tracks might take a few more months at least.

Oh, and I heard Snappleman has attempted a Gunstar Heroes track. That's pretty neat.

So, since you started this new Gunstar Heroes thread, why don't you compile a list of songs you'd like to hear remixed and we can all comment.

awesome.

Any thoughts on incorporating some of the little yelling sound effects from the game into a few tracks?

I'm ambivalent on SFX in tracks. Sometimes it kills it, though there're several ones that come to mind that use them really well (like Anthem of a Misguided Youth). But the first thing I think of from Gunstar Heroes are those little yells the characters do when they get hurt or throw guys around. KF

Any thoughts on incorporating some of the little yelling sound effects from the game into a few tracks?

I'm ambivalent on SFX in tracks. Sometimes it kills it, though there're several ones that come to mind that use them really well (like Anthem of a Misguided Youth). But the first thing I think of from Gunstar Heroes are those little yells the characters do when they get hurt or throw guys around. KF

yeah, i love SFX use in remixes, as long as it's clever like in that song you mentioned. What exactly does the gunstar hero yell? Is he yelling "Sega!"? I always thought so. :<sega!